[40- First Night]

The old world exterior charm ended once we crossed the threshold. The interior seemed to be inspired by Scandinavian minimalist style, with a monochromatic color scheme. Tiny splashes of blush pink broke up the grey walls.

The living area was an amalgamation of different textures, from the soft sheep skin throw to the chunky rug beneath my feet

The living area was an amalgamation of different textures, from the soft sheep skin throw to the chunky rug beneath my feet. It looked like it was straight off the cover of a magazine, clean and sophisticated. All the colors complemented one another, flowing seamlessly into the other. On the bottom floor was the living room, kitchen, bathroom and a couple of office spaces.

"Esme said your room was on the left. Jazz and I are on the right," she said as we went upstairs.

I loved our room, the blush pink and pale grey scheme complemented the rest of the house

I loved our room, the blush pink and pale grey scheme complemented the rest of the house. There was a small sofa on the side, facing a TV that looked about the same size. Emmett squeezed my hand harder when he saw it.

"Ok let's get the boxes."

We went back to the car, easily carrying a box in each hand. The box with my books should have weighed more than an above average human could carry, but it felt as light as a feather. We unpacked everything at a human's pace; first hanging the clothes in the walk in closet, then organising my books on the shelf.

The sunlight slowly set, its rays casting rainbows off the decorative glass vases. Normally we would be taking night classes but since it wasn't sunny during the day this time of the year, we took normal timed classes. This left us plenty of time to relax each night before class the next morning.

"Alice, can I ask you a question?" She was downstairs, the news playing quietly in the background.

"Of course. What's wrong?"

"Can you keep an eye on my future? Just in case I... lose control." It was something that had been worrying about. Emmett told me about singers, a human who's blood 'sings' for a vampire, it's almost irresistible. He lost control and the Cullens had to relocate. What if that happened to me? What if I met someone I couldn't resist?

"I've been keeps tabs on your future since first moved to Oakridge. You have excellent self control and it's only improved since. Remember London? Nothing bad will happen. I'm sure of it." Her words filled me with confidence, if Alice was certain, they I could do it.

I went back upstairs. Emmett was resting against the headboard. The blanket was only covering his torso and legs, exposing his perfect chest. Even Adonis would be jealous. The dimples popped out of his smooth cheeks as he smiled my favorite smile.

"Come in." He said. I couldn't resist. I changed out of my jeans and put on a pair of sweatpants and loose fitting knit sweater, despite Alice's persistent demands that I burn them. I crawled into the bed, sitting upright next to him.

"Has Alice told you who's on the guest list for the wedding?" It was something I had been wondering, it wasn't like I could invite my parents or friends.

He laughed, his chest making my entire body shake. "Sounds like Alice. But she hasn't told me either. Probably just the Denalis."

"Who are the Denalis?"

"Oh right, you've never met them. They are the closest friends we have in the vampire world, practically extended family. Tanya, Kate and Irina are sisters. Carmen and Eleazar joined their coven in much the same way that Alice and Jasper did. They live in Denali, Alaska. You have to understand," he said, his voice slower, more measured now. "We Cullens are unique in more ways than you know. It's... abnormal for so many of us to live together in peace. It's the same for the Denalis. Carlisle thinks that abstaining makes it easier for us to be civilized, to form bonds based on love rather than survival or convenience."

"Do they have abilities?" Since learning about Alice's predications and Edward's mind reading, I was interested in learning about the extent of vampire abilities.

"Yes, Kate can create an electrical current on her skin which shocks anyone who comes into contact with her. Eleazar can sense the special talents of others. He was given a place within the Volturi guard but left when he met his wife Carmen." I remembered Carlisle telling me about the Volturi, a very old, very powerful family of vampires, the closest thing we have to a royal family.

"I think you'll really like them, Kate especially."

Emmett pulled the thick comforter over us. His arms wrapped around me as he gently tugged me closer to his chest. I loved to touch him - never in a sexual way. I loved tracing his arms, feeling the prominent veins that bulged from his biceps. I loved running my hands through his short obsidian curls, attempting to untangle his messy waves.

I felt a cool breath on my neck, then the tender brush of lips. The kisses become harder and more urgent. Another hand slides around my waist, and pulls me even closer to his intoxicating body. His kisses trailed along my collarbone and cheekbones. He would soon be mine and I would soon be his.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you more," he said, his velvet voice warming my unchanging insides. I was so peaceful lying by his side, I closed my eyes, hoping that just for a minute I could fall asleep. But my body would never allow it.