Final bonus chapter: Honeymoon part 2

Even though the flight, like the last 2, was relatively long and eventful, I was practically bouncing out of my seat with unbridled excitement. I was still in shock that we were going to Africa. Emmett told me nothing, not even how long we were staying for or the sights, but I assumed going on a safari was on the list. I couldn't stop thinking of everything we would be doing, together. Being truely alone besides the company of each other thrilled me almost as much as the destination.

As soon as we landed at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi and collected our bags, Emmett led me out to the arrivals hall. I followed him as we weaved through the busy crowd, his hand protectively around mine. We entered a car park and stopped abruptly.

"Stay here. I'll be right back," Emmett said, quickly kissing my cheek before he disappeared into the rows of parked cars. No more than a minute later, I heard the growing sound of an engine approaching. I had no idea what to expect but it definitely wasn't this. In front of me was a car, if you could even call it that. It was a beast. A true marvel of mechanical engineering and design. Completely ostentatious, and I loved it.

"What do you think?" Emmett said with a childlike grin as he switched off the engine and returned to my side

"I... you... what..." I unsuccessfully attempted to form a coherent sentence. My Audi at home was beautiful but this Mercedes was breathtaking.

"It's the best 4 wheel drive money can buy. So do you want to stand there and gawk or should we take this thing for a ride?" I nodded, my enthusiasm matching Emmett's.

The sun was at its peak as we drove out of the city limits. I was struggling to take everything in; the car, the streets teeming with color and life, the unique architecture.

Very quickly, the sprawling urban environment transformed into breathtaking landscape Africa was famous for. About 4 hours later, Emmett pulled off the gravel road to the dirt road. At the end of the path was a hotel, hidden amongst a rock ridge. It was definitely secluded, I couldn't see any other establishment for miles in any direction.