Chapter One: The London Townhouse

.•Third P.O.V. •.

On a typically rainy day in London, Ciel Phantomhive was in his townhouse with his butler Sebastian, Prince Soma, Agni, and his special guest. His uncle, Diederich; Diederich came back to England by Ciel's request. Ciel's current case, had tied in with a case Ciel's father had worked on previously with Diederich. So Ciel, Sebastian, and Diederich are currently rummaging through the dusty attic of the house to find Vincent's case files he stored in the townhouse.

.•Ciel's P.O.V.•.
I should really have Sebastian clean up all this dust up from time to time. Uncle Diederich said that my fathers old case files and notes hold more information than the brief paragraph and practically nonexistent case file Lord Grey had given me. Her majesty had stated in the letter that my father had worked on this case, but he and Uncle Diederich had only apprehended two of the three perpetrators.

I opened a large chest which revealed some of fathers old things; his old uniforms from Weston, some cricket things, a jewelry box, an old camera, a journal, some letters, and a photo album. I grab the journal and the photo album, my curiosity getting to me I flip open the photo album. The first page showed what appears to be a young child's writing which I assume is my fathers since it reads "property of Vincent Phantomhive ". The next page shows a picture of a young girl sitting under a tree, the other pictures on the page shows the same girl. Looking through the other pages, the girl frequently showed up; most pictures she was with my father others were with Aunt Frances. As the pages went on the girl seemed to grow into a beautiful woman. The pictures now seemed to be taken during my fathers time at Weston College. The picture I was now looking at was the same girl, my father, and Uncle Diederich.

"Uncle Diederich? Who is this woman?" I ask, pointing to the old picture. Uncle Diederich's eyes widens at the sight of the image.

"I see you've found your fathers old pictures," Uncle Diederich says scratching his head.

"That woman is Lady Y/n M/n L/n, she and your father were very close as you can tell by those pictures. It's very odd telling his son this but, she was your fathers first love," He explains.

"His first love? What, did they have a falling out or something?" I continue in a particularly uninterested tone. I'm not particularly interested in my father's love life.

"Not exactly, eleven years after your father became the queens guard dog Y/n got abducted; honestly what I was looking for was that album and journal because the people that took Y/n are the same people in the case you're working on. We arrested two of the men, but one got away, taking Y/n with him. Your father documented practically everything in that journal." Diederich sighs as he looks over at the next pages consisting of the trio.

"So, Lady Y/n was a victim of this man, but this man targeted the wives of earls," I say, Uncle Diederich did say she was fathers first love but did my father have another wife before my mother?

"She was your fathers first wife, so she was actually Y/n Phantomhive. After a year of searching for her, Queen Victoria told him to close the case. To continue being the Guard Dog your father had to get married within a year, honestly that broke him for a bit; he was really debating whether or not to continue being the guard dog, but that's when he met your mother and had you not long after. Truly he did love your mother in the end but, Y/n, she was something special she knew your father like the back of her hand and vise versa. She was the only person I've seen put your father in his place, that's really saying something since he was such a mischievous man," Uncle Diederich reminisced.