Chapter Ten: Waves and Misty Breezes

.• June 16th 1865•.
.• Y/n's P.O.V.•.

    It's been a few days since Vincent's party, Vincent hasn't let me leave the manor since then. Today we're leaving to go on a cruise liner that'll end up taking us to the States. Recently, Vincent has picked up the habit of sneaking into my room at night, and I wake up to him clinging onto me. Every time I try to pull away, his grip just gets tighter. As I turn to face him I see a smirk placed upon his face. He's such a god damn cocky prick, but he's my cocky prick. The prick is also pretending to be asleep as well. I place my hand on his cheek and proceed to pinch him.

"Ouch, my love why can't you wake me with a kiss or something pleasant." He whines as he rubs his cheek.

"Why should I bother if you're already awake." I respond as I get up from the bed.

"Why would you assume I was awake?" He pouts.

"Vincent, no one sleeps while smirking." I say as I enter my bathroom to change.

    When I exited the bathroom Vincent was still lazily laying around on my bed

"Aw, my love you already changed out of your night gown, you look so ravishing; not that you don't now." He says cheekily.

   "Go get ready, we're leaving after we eat breakfast." I ignore him and he starts to pout again. When he gets up from his bed he pulls me to his room.

   "Wait for me while I get ready, I won't take long." He beams. I sigh and sit down on the chase on the foot of his bed. Instead of going into the bathroom to change he begins to strip in front of me.

   "VINCENT PHANTOMHIVE!" I screamed at him as I covered my face with my hands.

   "Yes my love?" I can hear the damn smirk in his voice. He then grabbed my hands to remove them from my face.

   "That's a lovely blush adorning you face Y/n, why are you so shy? It's only me and I want to share all of me with you." He smirks as he pulls me into an embrace.

    "Go get dressed before I punch you, you prick." I glared at him.

    "Oh my, what a harsh look for such a gentle face." He teased as he released me to go put on some fresh clothing. He then disappeared into the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. When he came out I saw that his tie was knotted and lopsided.

  "How the hell did you last in school?" I sigh as I got up to fix it for him.

   "The dorm head usually did it for me." He smiled. As I finished he grabbed my hands to kiss my palms. He then tilted my chin up to kiss my lips.

   "Vincent come on we have to go down now, my family is probably here already."

"Alright, alright; lets go now." He pouted. As we went downstairs Tanaka brought us to the dining room where Lady Cloudia, Francis, my parents, sisters, and James; Myrinalyn's husband were already seated. Before we entered, Vincent removed his hand from my waist knowing he'd hear an earful from my father.