Chapter five: New Beginnings

Evie pulled back from Zac's soft, welcoming lips, surprised.

"I'm sorry." Zac says, blushing. "I- I'm-"

Evie interrupts him and shyly asks, "Will you kiss me again?"

"You have no idea how long I've waited for those words to come out of your pretty little mouth." He says, then places his hand on her cheek and kisses her again.

Evie places her hand on Zac's hip, bringing him closer to her. Evie pulls away. "Zac?"

"What is it?"  He asks, looking in her eyes. He was inches away from his face and wanted to kiss her again.

She sits up and looks away from him while he never took his eyes off of her for a second. "N-nothing." She sighs.

"Evie," he says, turning her face towards him. "What's wrong?"

"Are you doing this because you pitty me?"

"What? No, of course not."

"Then why are you doing this?"

Zac stands up and kneels infront of her. "Do you remember when you went to the Homecoming Dance with your friends last year?"

"Yeah, but what does that-"

"I fell for you."

"Wait, what?"

"You looked so beautiful that night and I fell. I couldn't stand it. I'm surprised I waited this long to make my move. And everyday since then, I fell. I fell every time I saw you after that."

Evie's cheeks turned bright red and she felt the heat. "I just don't see what you could fall for."

Zac's jaw dropped. "You don't see- what could I not fall for? I mean look at you. You're gorgeous, sweet, compassionate, and one of the strongest women I've ever met. I don't see anything not worth falling for." He smiled big.

With that, Evie grabbed his face and brought him in close to her own. She didn't kiss him, not yet. She just stared into his eyes. He reached up, caresed her cheek with his thumb, and she felt chills cover her whole body. In that moment, was when their lips met again.

Their small innocent kisses turned into a makeout session. Zac laid her back on the bed, with one hand on her hip and the other one holding himself up, and kissed her like there was no tomorrow.

Zac pulled back and looked into her green diamond eyes. "What?" She asked.

"You're so beautiful." He said in response. She smiled big before bringing his lips back to her own.

They both smiled mid-kiss and Evie looked up at him and said, "Do you wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure." He says, smiling. Evie stands up and checks the damage of her rampage just a few minutes earlier. She had broken a dolphin figurine that her sister had given her when she was younger and obsessed with dolphins. She let out a dissapointed sigh. Zac looked up to see what was wrong. He could see the sadness in her face. It was just a stupid glass thing, she knew, but because it was from her sister, she loved it dearly and Zac could see that. "Maybe we can fix it." He says, taking the peices from her.

She let out a half smile and said, "Okay." She turned around to look at the rest of the damage. "Dammit." She breathed. "I really did a number on my room."

Zac chuckled. "It's alright. We can get it cleaned up." Evie picked up the stuff that belonged on her dresser and placed it all back the way it was before. She checked the light bulb in the lamp, which was still, surprisingly, intact. She placed it back on her nightstand and picked up her phone, and it was perfectly fine. That thing was industructable. It had been in a pond 20 over the summer, which caused all the keys to fall out, the microphone bearly worked so it made it hard to have a phone call, so she knew a little ding on the wall wouldn't do much.