02

After seven days of working on the escape pod it was evident that they'd have to find a pressure regulator someway or another

After seven days of working on the escape pod it was evident that they'd have to find a pressure regulator someway or another. When Abby came to them with the news of her daughter's wristband going out Raven decided to go to Nygel for one. Sebastian had tried to come along but Raven stopped him, saying he would only make it harder. Besides, they both knew he'd be better off working on the escape pod.

Only an hour later the door to K Deck slammed open and in stomped a very angry Raven. Sebastian looked from the control panel of the pod in surprise. "Damn Raven, what happened out there? I'm assuming you didn't get the part?" He chuckled lightly under his breath. Raven glared at him as though she wished he was floated right then and there. She then began pacing the room angrily, waving her hands about. "No, I didn't get the part smartass! And you wanna know why? Nygel would only give it to me if I screwed the head of electrical. Then she had the nerve to say that my mother would have done it! Can you believe her!"

Sebastian curled his fists to keep his anger inside. He decided that instead of worrying about this too much he was going to fix it. He walked up to Raven and put his hand on her shoulder, causing her to pause in her pacing. "You keep working on this okay? I'll go talk to Abby." Raven nodded in thanks and Sebastian left the room, more hellbent than ever to get that pressure regulator.

He was surprised to see the long line of people waiting to get in to see the doctor. People hardly ever got sick on the Ark, and it was normally the elders who did. The amount of children being cradled in their mother's arms while they coughed was alarming. He tried to block out the miserable noises from those around him and faked a cough when Abby came out. She kept a straight face as she "examined" him before ushering him into the doctor's office before all the other people.

Sebastian rubbed his arm in discomfort as they walked in. "Why are there so many people?" He asked quietly, never slowing the pace. "Oxygen Deprivation. Why are you here?"

"Raven and I couldn't get the part. Nygel wanted her to-" Abby then cut him off, a stern look in her eyes. "You guys went to Nygel? Are you sure she has it?" Sebastian nodded his head yes. Abby paused before seeming to have made up her mind. "I'll get the part, I want the pod to be able to launch as soon as I get it to you." Sebastian nodded yet again. "I can do that."

Later that day Abby returned with the regulator and an anxious expression. "We've been caught, how fast can you get this on in time for us to launch?" Sebastian's hands began to shake in anxiety, if they were caught there was no doubt in his mind he would be floated. Raven, however, was able to keep her head on her shoulders. "We'll be able to launch in twenty minutes." Abby nodded, her eyes darting from the two of us to the door. She breathed deeply before nodding sternly to herself. "Okay, I'm going to distract them. You two get to the ground and help the hundered. Then, report back to us as soon as possible okay?" Raven's eyes watered in the slightest bit and was about to say something before Sebastian spoke.

"Okay, we'll make sure Clarke is alright. You can count on us." Him and Abby shook hands before he and Raven set back to work on the pod. The two didn't speak as their fingers worked rapidly on the wires. Sebastian could feel his heart beating in his chest and it felt as if it might implode right then and there. He nearly leapt out of his skin when Raven exclaimed that she had put in the regulator. They hopped into the pod and were about to take off when the regulator broke loose. Sebastian cursed loudly, screwing it shut once more. He tried to calm himself but Raven's mutterings of "fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck" weren't exactly helping. Then the answer came to him in the form of two space suits.

He then proceeded to hop out of the pod and grasp the two suits off the wall, tossing one to Raven. They both rushed to put them on before jumping right back into the pod. The two looked at each other before taking a deep breath and hitting the takeoff button.