Ricochet.

This has not been edited; sorry about that. :P   

-------------

                                         I spend the next two days mostly with Adam's mother, since she claims she wants me to apart of the dress making process fully. And she had even insisted we design my own mask as well. Grudgingly, I agreed and stuck through it.

Though all I wanted to do was sprint out of that damn house.

I also yearned to speak with Adam, about what I saw, but he seemed to be avoiding me. Every time I came between a five mile radius he'd run off in the other direction.

I just wanted to prepare myself for what was going to come, but clearly, Adam didn't.

And my days at school weren't any better. Liam wasn't around, while Anna still hung out with Mandy and Kara. But she had stopped by a few times to chat with me, but I just wasn't interested. So I guess it was my own fault.

I spend most of my time painting at home and when I'm not doing that, I find myself at the lake. I'm surprised that the past two nights Liam hasn't appeared out of no where and tried to converse with me. As much as I hated it to admit, I missed him being around.

The sad part was it had only been two days and I wanted to see him again already.

I mean, when had I become so clingy?

I wasn't sure, but the more time I spent apart from him, the more ancy I grew. And it was completely stupid.

It's not like I was with Liam. And nor had I come to accept we were mates, but I just couldn't help but worry about him.

I knew Liam was a rogue, though I didn't know the full extent of what he did to others. I had seen him fight with Adam, but I never saw him really lose it.

I hadn't seen the monster everyone claimed him to be. And I couldn't avoid it forever.

                                  Wednesday morning comes around way too quickly. And I'm incredibly reluctant to get out of bed, but I manage to push me way up and get dressed in a pair of jeans, a long sleeved teal shirt, and my leather jacket, though I stare at Liam's for a minute or two.

I kick it aside, shaking my head and grasp my bag. I walk outside, just in time to see Adam speed off in his car.

I sigh and continue my way down the gravel path to the street. I walk slowly to school, figuring I'll already be late when I get there, but surprisingly, when I get there I have but minutes to spare.

Though when I walk into the school, I do get some stares, but I learn to shake them off. Recently, a new rumour has emerged.

That Anna and Adam are now dating.

Of course, I knew it wasn't true, but I cringed when I heard it. And I questioned if Anna would really date him after I supposedly was. Then again, I never confirmed if Adam and I were together. So I thought maybe Anna went for it.

I didn't care, either way.

I seemed to be in some sort of slump since I wasn't even making an effort to be pain to others. Instead I just grumbled and groaned whenever someone tried to talk to me or whatever.

It wasn't all that bad of a method. Mainly because most of Adam and Liam's fan girls left me alone once they saw I wasn't going to answer any of their questions.

And for that, I was incredibly grateful.

I pop open my locker, letting out a string of cusses once all my papers and books all fall to the ground. I immediately scurry to pick them up once the bell rings, but the kids around me don't bother to help. Instead they walk right on by. Some even step on my papers and books.