Speak.

- NOT EDITED -

                          I immediately freeze up once Liam presses his lips to mine.

Mainly because I have no clue on what to do.

I have never kissed anyone before. Maybe when I was a ignorant child and I thought it would be fun to kiss a boy. Naturally, I didn't know what to do. So it would resort in chaste and silly, short pecks that left us giggling afterwards.

Those were simple pecks that didn't require much effort, though.This does.

What do I do? 

I consider pulling away and saving myself the embarrassment. But just as I ponder this, Liam grips me ever so tighter. It makes me believe that he's anticipated my actions before hand. Figures.

He slides his hand down from my cheek to my chin, where he tilts my head upwards and slowly maneuvers his lips on mine, silently showing me what to do.

I squeeze my eyes shut and remain still under his movements.

It takes me a while before I finally gain up the nerve and begin to kiss back. My kisses start off clumsy as I nervously fumble my lips with his, but soon enough, with Liam's guidance, I respond more eagerly and smoothly.

 And once those nerves that I felt before are pressed to the back of my mind, I start to notice faint sensations that are beginning to creep up on me.

Like the shiver that ripples up my spine and the feeling that arises in my chest and makes warmth flood through my whole body.

And though this is completely weird and foreign to me, I determine it's the best sensation I have ever experienced yet.

I drag my hand away from his chest to his neck and I note vaguely that his skin feels oddly hot under my fingertips and the way Liam tastes of cinnamon and something else that is sickly sweet.

And I simply can't get enough of him.

We break apart briefly, catching our breaths for a minute or two before we kiss again. This time though, the kiss isn't soft or gentle, it's needy and urgent.

As time passes, I end up pressed against a tree with my legs and arms and just about every body part wrapped Liam. He has me wrapped up in his arms too. 

I don't feel the cold anymore. Not when the tree is protecting us from the rain and the fact that Liam is huddled over me, protecting me with his broad body from the stray raindrops that find their way through the leaves and branches above us. 

He pulls away shortly after this thought occurs and leans his forehead right against me. He examines me silently and wondrously, wiping away wet strands of hair that stick to my face. 

 The corner of his lips tug up in a smile and hesitantly, I return it. He let's me down despite my slight protest and wraps his arms around me. "Let's get you inside before you get sick."

I roll my eyes at him, but I don't argue. Mainly because I'm still dazed about what just happened.

Liam and I kissed, I think dreamily. 

And the worst part is that I liked it. Loved it. 

Because what the hell happened to never-let-Liam-get-close-to-me plan? Wasn't I supposed to cut all strings with him? Wasn't I supposed to cut strings with everyone? Yeah, it was.