Chapter Eleven

Had a good day today☺️ so here's an update, I'll try to do my other stories tomorrow but it is Father's Day tomorrow so no promises.

Jordyn Edwards

Tonight was my date with Rhodes, well Andre. I'm nervous for some odd reason. I don't if it's because I haven't been on a date in a long time or because he's a cop and I'm a criminal and his ass could be setting me up. I had to enter this situation with caution.

I sat in front of my mirror doing my make up when Chris came in. He walked over to me and leaned on the chair, putting his chin on my shoulder. "You look nice." He said.

"Thank you. What are your plans tonight?"

"I'm headed over to Sadie's."

"Why won't you bring her here?"

"I'm not ready for all that."

"I wanna meet her."

"You sound like my damn momma." He laughed.

"I am your momma."

"After what I did to you, you damn sure can't be my momma." He kissed my cheek.

"You're not letting that go huh?"

"Naw, not anytime soon."

"You're annoying. But seriously I want to meet her."

"One day, can I meet this guy you about to go on a date with?"

"One day."

"Touché."

"Well, I have to get dressed so you have to get out."

He slid my robe off my shoulders. "Let me help you."

"Bye Brooks."

"Bye Edwards, have fun."

"You too."

He walked out. I went into the closet and pulled out the outfit I put on for tonight. Rhodes text me that he'd be there in 15 minutes so I had to hurry up. I slid on my dress and shoes.

After checking myself in the mirror, I grabbed my clutch and phone, then headed downstairs

Brooks was gone so I just sat on the couch until Rhodes pulled up. There was a knock on the door. Before I could get to it, Tank rushed and opened it

"Hey I'm looking for Jordyn." I heard Rhodes say.

"Here I am, we can leave." I pushed him back out the door before Tank started being petty.

"Who is that?" He asked while opening my door.

"My big brother."