Chapter Twenty-six

Omniscient

Cliff, Michael and Jordyn stood in their warehouse prepping for their meeting with Cardo.

"That's 300,000." Michael said handing Jordyn the last stack of money.

She took a deep breath, looking around at the the briefcases full of cash. "Lets make this quick. Get in there, give him his money and get the hell out. He doesn't know about the raid so we good."

Guilt rushed over Cliff, he started to feel about how he's been treating his sister. He's never seen her get emotional about anything. That shit broke his heart. After their meeting with Cardo he planned on apologizing. The last thing they needed was to be mad at each other.

"Alright, let's head out." Michael said.

Our workers grabbed the money and headed out.

Jordyn sat in between her brothers, picking at her nails. Her mind was running wild. She wanted this meeting to go well, but something made her feel as though it would go otherwise. On top of that Brooks have been giving her the cold shoulder. She's been trying to figure out what she's done for him to treat her the way he is.

Not only was her mind all over the place, so was Cliffs. He kept thinking about his last encounter with Cardo. The things he said could get his sister in a lot of shit. He thought about telling her what he did but he knew that would make shit even worse between her and him. Michael would be pissed too. He just silently prayed that Cardo wouldn't bring up what they talked about.

Back at Jordyn's place, Christian sat at the desk in his room watching the location of the truck that Jordy and her brothers were currently in. Aaron and his captain were on standby for the exact location. Today could be the last day for everything between him and his boss.

But if that didn't work he had a plan b and was just waiting for it to arrive. Lately he's been having to pretend like he was bothered by something and it's been killing him. He's gotten so used to being under Jordyn it's like he needs her and when she's not around, he fiends for her.

It kills him inside every time he lies about his true feelings for her. He loves her and there's no denying that. Chris wishes that they could just disappear and live happily together but he knows that would make him as much as a criminal as she is.

As bad as he wants to be with her, he wasn't going to risk his freedom.

Sometimes love isn't enough.

...

Jordyn and her brothers pulled up to Cardo's building. As soon as the car door opened chills ran through her body.

They all climbed out and headed inside. When they climbed into the elevator she instantly grabbed her brother's hands. Cliff looked at her surprised, Michael just realized how nervous she was, even though he was unsure why.

The elevator came to a stop and they all climbed off. The guards stopped them, snatching the briefcases away then searched for weapons on them.

"All clear." One of the guards said. "Follow us."

They made their way to Cardos office. With every step they took Jordyn felt like her heart was about to jump out of her chest. The guards opened the double doors and shoved them inside.

"Well if it isn't the Edwards family." Ricardo said. "Come, sit."

Everybody sat down.