Chapter Twenty-three

Christian Brooks

The sound of my phone ringing caused my eyes to peel open. I looked down at Jordyn who was fast asleep on my chest then over at the clock on the wall. Who the fuck is calling me at 6 in the morning?

Reaching over I grabbed my phone, seeing that it was my mom, I took a deep breath.

I slid over the answer button and put the phone to my ear. "Hello."

"I didn't mean to wake you sweetie but I want you and your girl friend to come over for breakfast."

"This early Ma?"

"No, around 9, I know you're not much of a morning person."

She couldn't call at like 8 and tell me this shit.

I took a deep breath. "Alright, we'll be there."

"Good. I'm really excited that you're here. I've really missed you."

"I've missed you too. Look, I had a long night so Ima see you at breakfast okay?"

"Okay, bye."

"Bye." I hung up and tossed the phone behind me and pulled Jordyn closer. As soon as my eyes shut, my phone went off again but it was a text message this time. Groaning I rolled back over and picked it up.

Seeing that was unsaved number my eyebrows furrowed. I unlocked my phone and opened the message.

7184523880 - Detective Christian Brooks, badge number 5019367😏 - 6:34am

Another message came through.

7184523880 - You a dead man walking...I'll see you when you get back - 6:37am

Quickly sitting up, I just glanced around the room. The pace of my heart started to pick up. This gotta be Cliff! But how would he know my fucking badge number?! I thought by killing Rhodes, he'd be off my fucking back.

Rubbing my fingers through my hair I took a few deep breaths. Next thing I know an arm wrapped around me. I quickly locked my phone and turned my head to look at Jordyn.

"Baby, why are you up?" She asked.

"Uuuh, my mom called she wants to come over for breakfast, but not until 9."

"Okay. You must be nervous or something? Your heart is racing."

"You know how your phone catches you off guard sometimes."

She chuckled. "Well let's go back to sleep."

"I don't even think I can right now."

I could hear her standing on her knees, her lips attacked my neck as she drug her nails across my tattoos. "Well let me help you."

My eyes closed as her tongue ran over my spot. I wanted to turn her down but I just can't resist this girl. I stood up and faced her and she pulled off the shirt she was wearing and laid on her back. Opening her legs, she ran her fingers in between her other set of lips.

Crawling on top of her, I planted soft kisses on her lips. "I don't think we're going back to sleep now." I said before kissing her again.

Her shoulders shrugged. "Oh well."

I smirked while pushing my jogging pants down and pushing myself inside of her.

A soft moan escaped her lips, causing me to be at ease now.

This is the perfect way to take my mind off those messages and to relax me before going to my moms.

Later On