입버릇

-입버릇-

jihoon placed the headset back down after an hour long of a conversation. cracking his knuckles to release the tension, he sighed.

"hey chan. there's this guy who called in to say his boyfriend cheated on him," while mentioning that, jihoon went towards the office pantry to brew a fresh cup of coffee.

hearing chan reply with a rather strangled shocked reply, jihoon turned around to notice that seungcheol was brutally grabbing the youngest's neck in a tackle.

"hyung, what in the world?" jihoon asked, carefully placing his hot cup of coffee onto his table before saving chan from being strangled.

"i'm bored and seungkwan and hansol aren't back yet," seungcheol murmured, finally releasing his strong grip on chan.

rolling his eyes at the elder, jihoon sat the three of them down together and he told chan and seungcheol about the first person who called in.

"i don't know what's his name but he seemed really upset that his 'ex' doesn't want to own up," jihoon continued, slightly worried about the caller as well.

"hm, but at least he wasn't rejected by his bestfrie-," seungcheol voiced out, forcefully stopping when jihoon threw a furious glare at his direction.

"my thing with gyu is over, okay? oh my god," rubbing his temples annoyingly, jihoon lifted himself back into his chair and decided to wait for another incoming call.

--

reaching the end of jihoon's shift, the phone had signalled another caller once again. immediately accepting the call, jihoon repeated his usual dialogue before recognising the similar voice from earlier this afternoon.

"hey it's you again. did you stand up against your boyfriend?" jihoon questioned, fingers playing with his pen.

"yeah. i broke up with him," the male replied. however, jihoon could hear the sadness laced within the other's words.

"maybe he was forced to cheat on you?" offering a possible option, jihoon prayed that he made the correct decision.

"what if he didn't? i don't want to ask," the caller sighed loudly through the mouthpiece.

"you can ask, find out everything," jihoon persuaded the other, hoping the unknown male will heed his advice.

=

trudging his way through the pavement where it was infested with rubbish, jihoon managed to pick up some litter and threw them away.

stopping in front of a café, the shorter entered with the greeting of the familiar ringing of the bells.

"hey hyung!" seokmin waved wildly at the blonde, the taller in the midst of brewing a beverage for a waiting costumer.

flashing a grin at the younger, jihoon waited at the cashier for seokmin to be done with his current order.

"you're working solo again?" raising his brows in curiosity, jihoon placed his order while seokmin nodded.

"yeah, my friend is pretty down these days, boyfriend issues," the younger replied, passing jihoon his receipt.

thanking seokmin while nodding, jihoon realised that he could actually make seokmin persuade his friend to call the sadness hotline.

"if your friend is really upset, you can tell him to call the sadness hotline. seungcheol hyung set this up so that people won't be sad alone anymore," jihoon piped up when seokmin gave him his steaming cup of hot chocolate.

hearing his words, seokmin nodded and gave the elder a thumbs-up.

=

happy seok:
soonyoung hyung!!!!

soonyoung hyung <3:
yeah?

happy seok:
u feeling better? :)

soonyoung hyung <3:
yeah sorta,,
broke up with him ://)

happy seok:
oh :-(
but if you need someone to listen,
my friend jihoon hyung told you to call the sadness hotline?

soonyoung hyung <3:
yeah i called them already :)
thanks bro, i'll come to work tomorrow!
love you 💗

happy seok:
ok!!
lyt 💗

=

folding his freshly-washed clothing, soonyoung arranged his black locks in the mirror before grabbing an apple from his fridge.

biting into the sweet fruit, he heaved a heavy breath before messaging his ex.

'tell me honestly. were you cheating on me or not?'

pressing 'send', soonyoung left his house for the first time in a week.