IF I

-IF I-

새끼:

what do you think?

sent at 30.05.17, 2139

=

eyes scanning over the text he just received, soonyoung forced his phone back into his back pocket. he had assured seokmin to take a break today and let him do all the work today as a form of gratitude.

biting his lips hard to prevent his tears from streaming down his face, soonyoung looked up to meet his gaze with a short blonde.

"hey, seokmin isn't here today?" the male asked, eyes peering behind the counter.

forcing a strained nod, soonyoung then noticed that the male in front of him had an awfully familiar voice.

"are you that guy from sadness hotline?" soonyoung asked, his eyes following the shorter's gaze.

the shorter's eyes widened in bewilderment. "oh my god, it's you?" the blonde exclaimed, before bowing.

"i'm lee jihoon, nice to meet you," he finished his introduction with a smile.

returning a bow, soonyoung grinned back.

"i'm kwon soonyoung."

=

jihoon pushed the wooden door open with his body, both hands grasping onto coffee cups.

"i'm home!" the male called out, to be greeted by junhui rushing towards him.

passing the taller a cup of his drink he wanted, jihoon asked junhui about his day.

"ugh boring. school was never fun," junhui replied with a sassy tone, immediately sipping the hot drink before choking.

laughing at his friend, jihoon hung up his jacket and took off his sneakers before entering his room.

the sweet stench of his air freshener brightened up his thoughts while he plowed through the pile of his clean clothes that junhui didn't bother to clean up for him.

planting his body on his bed, jihoon took in the familiar scents of himself and some hints of his best friend, mingyu.

jihoon and mingyu had been friends since kindergarten and they had been inseparable. until college when jihoon had mustered up courage ( partially from hanging out with seungcheol too much ), he confessed his feelings to his friend.

jihoon definitely expected a storybook-like romance to occur but mingyu only gave him a awkward nod and continued on their way home.

the elder was definitely a little upset but as he followed behind the steps of his best friend, he realises that mingyu was in a relationship.

=

waking up to the sunlight streaming through his opened windows, jihoon shuddered at the cold air blowing at his face.

his throat ached and while he pulled himself off his bed, he winced from the stiffness of his muscles.

"good morning hoon," junhui greeted, pouring another bowl of cereal for the shorter before continuing to dig into his own bowl.

replying with a 'good morning' as well, jihoon dragged himself groggily and pushed himself onto the stool. devouring the bowl of cornflakes, jihoon placed the bowl into the sink.

when he prepared to take a quick shower, his phone buzzed loudly. gazing towards the caller ID, jihoon hurriedly placed the phone to his ear.

"hey hyung?" chan's voice sounded through the speaker.

mumbling a stiff 'yeah' in return while juggling with his clothing, jihoon closed the bathroom door behind him and placed his belongings on the counter.

"so like i know it's your day-off today, but seungkwan hyung and hansol hyung both disappeared magically," chan's voice blurted through the speaker, and upon hearing his words, jihoon groaned in frustration.

"so you need me back at the office?" the short male prodded through his cupboard to find a new toothbrush and held in an annoyed yell when chan replied with a timid 'yes'.

=

after getting laughed at by junhui, jihoon pulled on his shoes and made his way to the café soonyoung and seokmin worked at to buy drinks for chan and seungcheol.

well also a tiny bit is also because he wanted to check on soonyoung.

entering the store with the familiar tingle laced within his ears, jihoon greeted seokmin with a wide smile before giving soonyoung a simliar grin.

however, he noticed the tear stains on the other's cheeks when the male forced out a painful smile at him.

before the taller could say anything, jihoon peered at him in worry.

"what did he say?" wincing at how soonyoung's face changed immediately after he asked the question, he was super grateful for seokmin who interfered and volunteered to tend the cashier while the pair went out for a chat.

=

so the pair ended up outside on the pavement, legs rested on the gravel ground.

"what do you think?" soonyoung suddenly spoke up, his words laced with hurt.

"he said that?" jihoon probed slightly into the matter with caution. and before he knew it, the other broke down and buried himself into jihoon's arms.

"y-yeah, i j-just thought we could be a th-thing," soonyoung murmured softly into jihoon's shirt, staining the clothing with his tears.

"want to hear about my tragic love story?" piping up after a few seconds of silence which was accompanied with soonyoung's incoherent sobbing.

when the taller looked up and motioned for jihoon to continue, the shorter male used his long sleeves to wipe off the tears that streamed down the other's face before pulling him up.

"i used to have a huge crush on my best friend for five years?" jihoon began, mentally counting the years he had that stupid little thing on with mingyu.

"we were childhood friends since birth so like i really expected us to be a thing and those corny stuff. but on the day i confessed, it was also the day he got a boyfriend," laughing bitterly at his horrible confession, jihoon was glad to see that soonyoung had already stopped crying.

as the other opened his mouth to say something, jihoon's phone rang obnoxiously. looking at the flashing ID on his screen, the shorter's eyes widened in shock.

"oh no, i'm late for work! fuc- see you later, soonyoung? FEEL BETTER!!" jihoon managed a quick hug before dashing further down the street with the phone clutched between his fingers.

=

when jihoon's figure had disappeared around the bend, soonyoung furiously wiped his irritated eyes and took a deep breath.

he felt awful for jihoon and wanted to apologise to the other for being so weak with his feelings but when he brought up the courage to do so, the phone call ended his words.

=