1

lowercase intended ; trying something new

picture of the platform tents to give you a visual. 2 people to a tent

-

luke kept his eyes on the ground as he looked at his tent number. he walked through groups of boys that were all talking excitedly and running around; luke wanted nothing more than to open his book and feel safe again.

a frustrated groan left luke's mouth as he searched for the tent that he was supposed to be staying in.

"need any help?" he heard, so he looked up and saw a boy with curly hair.

"i-i can't find my tent.." luke said softly, and handed him the number.

"shoot. you're with me. i'll show you where we're at. i'm ashton by the way. we have literally the coolest tent ever- well as cool as a tent can get. it's further out in the woods, and theres like nobody around us, so we don't have to worry about people yelling at us to go to sleep..."

the brunette rambled on about why he figured their tent was further back in the woods, and everything else under the sun while luke just listened.

luke stepped up into the small
wooden fixture, pushing back the leather flaps so he could get in.

ashton's bed was already made, and there was a small lantern lighting up the area.

luke sat his stuff on the small cot that was left, and sighed as he looked through the back. the sides were tied back so he could see the lake perfectly.

"ash!" he heard somebody yell, scaring luke a little bit as two guys came running into the tent.

"ashton i sw- you have a roommate this time." a kiwi boy said, making luke shyly wave at them.

"yeah. this is- shoot i never asked his name..." ashton whispered.

"luke." the blond boy whispered, biting his lip a little bit.

"this is luke. he doesn't talk much." ashton said, and a boy with dyed black hair laughed.

"you probably talked so much that he didn't get the chance to say anything..." the boy said, making luke laugh a little. "...i'm michael, and this is calum."

luke smiled and waved a little bit, still feeling shy.

"u-um, were gonna go down to the lake tonight. you can come if you want to, luke." michael said, and luke nodded.

"okay, yeah." luke said softly, making the older boy smile.

"alright great. well, we're gonna go get signed in, and then we'll be back." calum said, pulling michael out of the tent with him.

luke smiled a little bit as he turned to look back out at the lake. he bit on his fingernail and blushed as he watched michael walk away with calum.

"i think he likes you." ashton said, making luke blush again.

"what makes you say that?" luke asked, looking at his new friend ashton.

"michael never invites new people to do stuff with us. you must be really special."