9

luke whined when he woke up, feeling an empty bed.

"where's mikey?" luke asked, and calum looked up, stretching his arms, slightly breaking the hold that ashton had on his waist.

"i don't know. he leaves every morning at like 6:30 and goes somewhere."

luke stood up out of his bed, and put his converse on really fast.

he ran down the bank, and down to the edge of the lake.

he knows michael was coming up here to watch the sun rise again.

luke felt special to know that he was the only one that michael brought here.

luke's smile quickly faded as he saw the silhouette of another boy sitting next to michael.

he wanted to be the only one michael brought here in the morning. he wanted to be the only one to watch the sun rise with michael.

luke turned around and slowly walked back towards the tent.

he didn't want to cry because that was just so lame, but he thought he was special to michael.

luke stepped back into the tent and lightly smiled as ashton and calum placed baseball hats on.

"hey, they're opening the kayaks up today. you wanna go? we're gonna go down to the cafeteria and then start walking if you want to?" ashton said.

"no. i think i'm just gonna stay here and read." luke whispered as he sat back down on his bed.

"what's wrong?" calum asked.

"all that stuff michael said about me being different and special to him was just a lie. he didn't actually mean any of it." luke whispered, pulling over his book.

"what makes you say that?" ashton said.

"a few days ago, he took me somewhere that he said he had never showed anybody, and i went there to look for him and he was with another boy. i thought that was kinda like our place." luke said, and they both frowned.

"just talk to him. i'm sure it's nothing. you make him happy."