Chapter 1

Lyra Malfoy was different than most Malfoys since the day she was born

Lyra Malfoy was different than most Malfoys since the day she was born. Aside from her being a dragon. She was also not judgmental and kind to everybody. Even her house elf Dobby. She would talk to Dobby, ask him how he was and consider him as an equal on the condition he would not tell her father. But there also was the fact that her being dragon effected her personality. She was also very aggressive, sassy, sarcastic and snappy. It was one of the reasons why people associated with her. That is of course before they know what she is.

Why was she like this? You may ask. Children who are raised by cruel people are expected to be cruel as well, but not Lyra. You see growing up as a dragon she faced many challenges in life. Many children were cruel, judgmental and mean to her. Not many children wanted to be her friend once they found out about her. In fact, nobody did. Draco being her twin wasn't much help all the time. He was moody and only helped her when he wanted to. In her opinion, the only thing she had control over was what kind of person she would be.

Lyra and Draco were both very close to their mother, in fact, Narcissa Malfoy was the one who found the necklace that allowed Lyra to stay human longer then she is supposed to.

Although they were very close to their mother both of them never wanted to be a disgrace to their father. They had this unsaid competition amongst them. But no matter what they did he also wanted more. He was never fully pleased.

That being said. It was finally the year both of the twins would get their letters from Hogwarts.

______________________________________

Right now everybody was getting ready to go to Diagon Alley. Lyra was the first to come down.

"Good morning Dobby." Lyra smiled at her house elf.

"Good Morning Mistress Lyra." Dobby smiled and greeted.

But his smile soon disappeared when the rest of the Malfoy family came.

"What are you doing just standing there. Get back to work." Lucius ordered and pushed hard with his cane.

Lyra winced

"Y-yes Master." Dobby whimpered and went back to work.

"Let's go."

Narcissa grabbed Lyra's hand while Lucius grabbed Draco's hand and went off to Diagon Alley.

______________________________________

Narcissa and Lucius went to go get their children's books while Draco and Lyra went to get their uniform fitting. The four were supposed to meet at Olivanders.

Madam Malkin was a squat, smiling witch dressed all in mauve.

"Hogwarts, dear?" she asked.

Lyra eagerly nodded while Draco just nodded boringly.

"Come along then." She told them.

She started doing Lyra first. Once Lyra was finished with her fitting she went and sat on another stool.