Chapter 6

The first flying lesson was coming soon

The first flying lesson was coming soon. Something that Lyra looked forward to a lot. But unfortunately for her, it was with Slytherins. She knew long before flying lessons were about to begin Draco would brag on how amazing he was on a broom. He would always grow angry at the fact that the first years weren't allowed brooms. She also knew the truth sure he knew how to control a broom but he wasn't that great.

Harry was very excited for flying as well but he himself grew angry over the fact that they had it with Slytherins.

The only people who weren't the slightest bit excited for the flying lesson were Neville and Hermione.

Neville was somewhat scared because he claimed his grandmother never let him near a broomstick.

Hermione was a whole different story...

"How are we supposed to learn about flying if no book is given to us for the class?" Hermione asked Lyra.

"Granger, you don't need a book to learn about Quidditch and flying but if you really want to I'm sure the library has some books about it," Lyra told her.

Hermione nodded and went off to the library.
______________________________________

The next morning Hermione bored everybody with stupid flying tips she'd gotten out of a library book called 'Quidditch Through the Ages.' Neville was hanging on to her every word, desperate for anything that might help him hang on to his broomstick later, but everybody else was very pleased when Hermione's lecture was interrupted by the arrival of the mail.

Ever since Lyra got into Gryffindor the only mail she would get were howlers saying how much of a disgrace she was and the daily prophet, which she subscribed to herself. Lucky for her the howlers stopped and there was no mail from her family.

Everyday Lyra saw Shadow, the Malfoy owl bringing Draco packages of sweets from home, which he opened gloatingly at the Slytherin table. Everyday Lyra's jealousy grew and grew.

A barn owl brought Neville a small package from his grandmother. He opened it excitedly and showed them a glass ball the size of a large marble, which seemed to be full of white smoke.

"It's a Remembrall! Gran knows I forget things this tells you if there's something you've forgotten to do. Look, you hold it tight like this and if it turns red-oh...' His face fell because the Remembrall had suddenly glowed scarlet.

"-you've forgotten something." He finished.

Neville was trying to remember what he'd forgotten when Draco, who was passing the Gryffindor table, snatched the Remembrall out of his hand.

Harry and Ron jumped to their feet. They were most probably looking for a reason to fight Draco but Professor McGonagall, who could spot trouble quicker than any teacher in the school, was there in a flash.