Chapter 4

The next day

The next day. The eager first years made their way to breakfast, except Hermione.  She told Lyra that she had breakfast early and wanted to go to the library to get some reading done before classes start.

______________________________________

At breakfast   

"Is that a Purple Phoenix?!" Seamus asked Lyra shocked.

"Yeah." Lyra nodded with a smile.

"My gran told me they were very rare,"  Neville said with wide eyes.

"They are." Fred and George nodded.

Lyra just chuckled and petted Hermes.

Hermes laid his eyes on Scabbers and stared at the rat for quite some time. Scabbers was shaking uncontrollably in Ron's hands.

"Your phoenix is scaring Scabbers tell him to not stare," Ron told Lyra while trying to calm down Scabbers.

Lyra rolled her eyes.

Harry extended his hand and petted Hermes. Hermes stared Harry for a while and then stroked his beak against Harry's cheek fondly.

"Your a good boy. Your a very good boy." Harry smiled while petting Hermes.

Out of nowhere Hedwig bit Hermes out of jealousy and Hermes let out a scream.

"Hedwig, no need to be jealous." Harry scolded Hedwig while petting his owl now.

Lyra chuckled and petted Hedwig.

Suddenly all of the families owls' flew in with letters.

"Mails here!"Ron exclaimed.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Lyra shook her in fear and disbelief.

She watched as the Malfoy's owl, Shadow gave Draco his letter and came to Lyra with a howler.

"Is that a howler?" Dean asked.

"Yeah," Lyra mumbled while holding the howler.

"Here goes nothing." Lyra sighed and opened the howler.

"LYRA NARCISSA MALFOY! HOW DARE YOU GET SORTED INTO GRYFFINDOR! YOU ARE DISGRACE TO THE MALFOY NAME! YOU BLOOD TRAITOR! I DEMAND THAT YOU GO TO DUMBLEDORE RIGHT NOW AND GET RESORTED! AND IF YOU DO NOT DO AS I SAY I WILL DISOWN YOU AS MY DAUGHTER! DO YOU HEAR ME, YOUNG LADY! YOU WILL NO LONGER BE A MALFOY!" Her father yelled.

Lyra felt tears escaping her eyes and going down her cheeks.

"Hello dear, Draco told us you got into Gryffindor. Your father seems a little angry about that." Her mother said in a calming voice.

A little?... Lyra thought.  

"But don't you worry. I'll calm him down. I think it best that you spend Christmas at Hogwarts. Hopefully, by the end of the year, things will be just fine." Her mother said in a calming voice.

I've been uninvited to Christmas?... Lyra thought in disbelief.  

With that, the Howler caught fire and ended.

The whole Hall was silent...until the Slytherin started laughing at Lyra. She saw  Draco had a smirk on his face.

Lyra ran to Draco in anger and disgust.

"Why would you do that! I am your twin sister why would you rat me out like that!" Lyra yelled as she was crying.

"You're just jealous that I'm his favourite now," Draco smirked.

"This isn't a game anymore Draco! I've been uninvited to Christmas! Father just threatened to disown me!" Lyra yelled as tears started to dry up.

"Then you should get resorted then shouldn't you?" Draco smirked.

"You git!" Lyra yelled and slapped Draco.

The whole Slytherin table was silent now as Draco held his burning cheek in disbelief.

Lyra ran out embarrassed and angry, as tears tried to come out her eyes again.

Harry and Ron shared a glance and were about to go after her when...

"Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley wait."  Professor McGonagall's voice stopped them.

They turned around.

"Take her timetable with you."  Professor McGonagall gave them three timetable with a sympathetic smile

______________________________________

Lyra was crying in the Gryffindor Common room. It was empty since everybody was either getting ready for class or eating breakfast.

"Lyra?"Came a voice.

Lyra looked up and saw Harry and Ron.

"Why am I in Gryffindor guys? I cried in front of everybody. I'm weak." Lyra said as tears went down her cheeks.

"You were brave to cry in front of everybody," Harry told her.

"You were brave enough to open the howler in front of everybody. Most people would just throw it away." Ron told her.

"And if you didn't get into Gryffindor you wouldn't be friend with us," Harry told her.

"Now I feel bad." Lyra chuckled while wiping her tears away.

Harry and Ron chuckled with her.

Suddenly Hermes flew in with Hedwig.

Hermes sat next to Lyra and stroke his beak against her cheek, in a sign of comfort.

"Hey, Hermes." Lyra gave a sad smile to her Phoenix.

"Are you going to get resorted?" Ron asked.

Lyra thought for a moment...

"No." Lyra shooked her head.

"But your father is going to disown you." Harry reminded her.

"He was never really a father to me. The only person who ever cared about me is my mother. She seems fine with me being in Gryffindor so no. I'm staying because I'm a lioness. Like McGonagall said 'your house will be like your family'. You guys are my family." Lyra smiled at them.

They smiled at each other and did a group hug.

______________________________________

5 seconds later...

"Okay enough hugging. We should drop off Hermes and Hedwig to owlery and head to class before we're late." Lyra told them.

"McGonagall gave us your timetable."  Ron gave her the timetable.

"Transfiguration with Slytherins." They read in unions.

"This should be fun."  Lyra smiled sarcastically.  

______________________________________

Note: This chapter was not originally in the book

Sorry for any errors...