Chapter 13

Exams were taking place and while Harry was worried about the Philosopher's stone Lyra was worried about the year ending and how Draco told her that their father was welcoming her back home

Exams were taking place and while Harry was worried about the Philosopher's stone Lyra was worried about the year ending and how Draco told her that their father was welcoming her back home. Lyra was 100% sure it was Narcissa who told her  husband to be forgiving of Lyra and welcome her back because if Lyra learned one thing about her father is that Lucius Malfoy is not a forgiving person.

Once you have made him angry there is no redeeming yourself. And this reason made Lyra very fearful of the summer that was approaching, what will take place at the Manor when Narcissa is out with the ladies of the social circle. Will Lucius be cruel or will he ignore Lyra? Lyra hoped it would be the latter.

Despite knowing the fact that she could never redeem herself in her father's eyes she still kept thinking of ways to make him less upset with her such as getting good grades on her exams.
______________________________________

It was sweltering hot, especially in the large hall where they did their written papers. They had been given special, new quills for the exams, which had been bewitched with an Anti-Cheating Spell. They had practical exams as well.

Professor Flitwick called them one by one into his class to see if they could make a pineapple tap dance across a desk.

Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuffbox. Points were given for how pretty the snuffbox was but taken away if it had whiskers.

Snape made them all nervous, breathing down their necks while they tried to remember how to make a Forgetfulness potion.

Their very last exam was History of Magic. One hour of answering questions about batty old wizards who'd invented self-stirring cauldrons and they'd be free, free for a whole wonderful week until their exam results came out.

Soon the ghost of Professor Binns told them to put down their quills and roll up their parchment, everyone cheered but Lyra because the end of the years meant the dayof going back to the Manor, where she was not really welcomed was near.

______________________________________

"That was far easier than I thought it would be. I needn't have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager, " said Hermione as they joined the crowds flocking out onto the sunny grounds.

Hermione always liked to go through their exam papers afterwards, but Ron said this made him feel ill, so they wandered down to the lake and flopped under a tree. Even the Weasley twins and Lee Jordan tickling the tentacles of a giant squid, which was basking in the warm shallows didn't cheer Lyra up as all she could do was worry about the upcoming summer.

"No more studying," Ron sighed happily, stretching out on the grass.

"You could look more cheerful, Harry and Lyra we've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet," Ron told them.