Chapter 12

Things couldn't have been worse

Things couldn't have been worse. Filch took them down to Professor McGonagall's study on the first floor, where they sat and waited without saying a word to each other. Hermione was trembling.

Lyra had decided then that she had to take the blame. She had to tell Professor McGonagall that her friends were out because of her. She couldn't let the rest of them get into trouble, not when they had been so understanding and kind about her curse situation.

She definitely couldn't let Hagrid go to Azkaban because he had an extreme interest in dragons. Hagrid was always nice to her as well, always fascinated about the dragon within her. 

So it was decided Lyra would take the blame 100% to protect her best friends and the giant teddy bear.

When Professor McGonagall appeared, she was leading Neville.

"Harry! I was trying to find you to warn you, I heard Malfoy saying he was going to catch you, he said you had a drag -" Neville began.

Harry shook his head violently to shut Neville up, but Professor McGonagall had seen. She looked more likely to breathe fire than Norbert as she towered over the three of them.

"I would never have believed it of any of you. Mr. Filch says you were up in the astronomy tower. It's one o'clock in the morning. Explain yourselves." She ordered.

It was the first time Hermione had ever failed to answer a teacher's question. She was staring at her slippers, as still as a statue.

"It's my fault!" Lyra blurted out.

Everyone looked at her.

Harry, Hermione and Neville were giving her a confused look. Filch was scowling at her and Professor McGonagall was glaring daggers at Lyra so intensely that she felt a shiver go down her spine. If looks could kill Lyra Malfoy would be dead at the hands (or eyes) of Minerva McGonagall.

"Mr. Filch please escort Mr. Longbottom to his common room." She ordered calmly.

"But-" Filtch began.

"Now!" She scolded.

Filch scowled and began walking with Neville towards the Gryffindor common room.

"I think I've got a good idea of what's been going on. It doesn't take a genius to work it out." Professor McGonagall said once Filtch and Neville left.

"Really?" Lyra asked hoping that Professor McGonagall was buying her story.

"Yes. You know of Ms. Malfoy's situation now don't you?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Yes Professor." They mumbled.

"So you thought showing your dragon will prevent them from being scared of you.  So you planned on going up at the astronomy tower to show them. Draco Malfoy must have heard and given you rocky relationship with him he planned on getting you in trouble.  I've already caught him. However, this does not give you the excuse to roam around after hours. Ms. Malfoy, you are allowed one night out of bed and that too alone. Not with friends. Do I make myself clear or shall I take your privileges away?" She asked in a stern voice.