it's just a crush

0: what if it's just a crush

"Love isn't a must-have" is what I want to believe. I don't need it- and in the end, the efforts go to waste.

I've never been in love, or at least, I like to think so. I haven't gone any further from the 'crush' phase, nor do I have the plan to.

You were just another one of my acquaintances. You were nothing special, yet another part of me seems to think otherwise. I instinctively look away when you smile, my face warms when you laugh, and I sometimes forget how to speak when you suddenly approach me.

It's probably so obvious that someone as stupid as Hinata can notice that I am developing a crush on you.

"Are you sure it's just a crush, Tsukki?" I remember Yamaguchi asking the last time we met. He seemed to have caught on when he notices me glancing at you from time to time. He sees how your greetings make my day, even if that's the only conversation we have. Not to mention, I accidentally slipped out a question that's been bothering me when I hadn't seen you in school for a day.

I didn't respond to his question, but it left me thinking. Are you just a crush? I've only known you for a year, and only a total idiot would be in love this fast.

"Oh, good morning, Tsukishima!" I hear you greet through the music blasting in my headphones. My eyes meet yours and I nod in response, but you don't break eye contact.

You hold your gaze for a second longer before breaking into a smile, and walking off to your classroom. I stare at your previous spot, and all I can do is lose my shit.

I'm not in love, but maybe I'm still falling.