(late) christmas special

A mistletoe is hanging above us.

You look at me with an awkward laugh, and I ask, “You don't mind right?”

“You want to?” You blurt out, and I feel my cheeks heat up.

“No, it's not that,” I struggle to explain. “If you don't want to I—”

“No, no, it's not that I don't want to,” you interrupt, waving your arms about. “I was ask justing, I mean, I was just asking—”

You stop yourself when you see Yamaguchi snickering in the corner of your eye, and you turn your head away in embarrassment. I almost chuckle at your current predicament, if it didn't involve me.

“This means nothing,” you mutter, only for me to hear, before you stand on your toes and lightly press your lips on the corner of mine. My eyes widen and when you pull away, a smirk forms on your face. “Aw, I missed.”

You little shit.

“You're so bad at aiming,” I say, putting on a smirk of my own. “Are you sure you play [Sport]?”

“Want me to try it again?” You inquire, raising your brow. “I won't miss this time.”

“We'll see about that.”

Distance is something we both don't have at the moment. Your face is flushed yet you still don't pull away. I can feel your breath against my lips, and I see your eyes shut slowly.

“Hey, Tsukki, [Name]! Time to open up the gifts!” Startled, you jump, bumping your forehead against mine.

Dammit, Yamaguchi.

————

I'm so sorry this is late. I really wanted to write a Christmas special but I didn't know how and this is all I could come up with. It's really short, barely 300 words and I know it's not going to make up for the lack of updates but I hope you still like it. Happy new year! :)