Chapter 17

The song in this chapter is on the sidebar and the link is also below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcQA3p95cz0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jamie's POV:

       Harry's tears wet my neck as my head rested on his. We had been sitting here on the edge of Harry's sandbox for an hour or so. I didn't mind, I knew that Harry was getting out his emotions and I didn't want him left alone. However, I wanted to see him smile. His frown and tear stained face is making me sad. "I'll be right back." I whisper into Harry's ear after pushing his curls away from it. I smiled at him, to reassure him that I would be back and that everything was fine. I knew that Harry didn't expect me to move from our seemingly permanent position. I delicately kissed his wet cheek for reassurance before standing up from the sand box and making my way into Harry's house from the back door.

          I swung open his back door and stepped inside. That door is just as heavy as when Harry and I were little. I smiled at Anne as I passed her going up the stairs of her house and towards Harry's room. I pushed open the large white door that held inside some of my most precious childhood memories with Harry. I peeked my head around the corner of the space that I made in between the door and the doorway. I haven't been in this room since I was 12 and I know that it must have changed a lot by then and I just don't know what to expect. I know that Harry isn't like the average teenage boy so I didn't expect there to be naked woman on the wall, but I just... I don't know exactly what to expect. The walls have been painted a forest green color, it used to be the hulk wallpaper, so although the color was the same it was still different. Little Harry was gone and now adult Harry was here to replace him.

        His now white bed sheets cover the bed that Harry and I used to sleep in. I smile at his new looking room, yet it still feels the same. I stare only a little while longer before I locate Harry's guitar and grab it from it's stand. I quickly shut his bedroom door behind me before I let my memories come flooding back. I run down the stairs and out the back door of the house. I find Harry where I left him on the edge of his old sandbox with that heartbreaking look on his beautiful face. His light green eyes look up at me once my feet come into his view. He gives the guitar in my hands a confused look and then my face a very confused look. I smile at him and sit down in the spot next to him that I was previously sitting in. "Play." I whisper to him while sticking out the guitar towards him. Harry's hopeful face drops and he hangs his head as he whispers for only my ears to hear. "I can't." 

        I'm getting very frustrated with being incapable of making Harry feel happy. I didn't expect to be able to make him feel better right away, but I mean a smile? Something. I need to see Harry just a little happy for just a little bit, even if it was just pretend. "Fine. I'll sing something." I whisper back. Harry's hung head raises in surprise and he gives me a skeptical and hopeful look. I've known how to play the guitar since before Harry could. Harry wanted to meet my Uncle Ryan to learn how to play because he liked how I was always playing and he wanted to know how to also. Once my Uncle Ryan taught him he just got better and better. He was soon much better than me. Harry was born to be a performer.

           The only reason I don't play that much is because Harry is always playing and Harry is so much better, I don't even compare. Also, Harry can sing and I can't really. "I'm just going to apologize now for my singing." I laugh. Harry smiles at me and giggles too. He giggled! He gently pat my knee in encouragement. I knew that he was eager to hear me play and sing just for him. I take a shaky breath before beginning the song that is 100% meant for Harry and only Harry.

I don't mind where you come from 

As long as you come to me

But I don't like illusions I cant see