When he texts you

Nova

Nova

You went back home for the evening and decided you'd do your workout routine and then take a refreshing shower. Once in a while, you checked your phone just to see if by any chance, you received a message from Sam.

But there were no new messages. At least, not from him.

And for some reason, that was all you cared about.

"Meh," you said to yourself. "Maybe he's just busy."

So you proceeded to doing (favorite hobby) and you spent at least half an hour at it, and still nothing from Sam. You even set the phone on vibrate and at the highest volume so that you wouldn't miss it not even by chance.

In the middle of your hobby, you set your things down.

"Why do I even care so much anyway?" You said to yourself. "I don't need him."

You were right, after all. You were just fine on your own.

Besides, the only thing you did was tutor him on geography. If he texted you it would probably just be to ask you any other doubts on the subject, not to ask how you were doing or to ask you out... *ahem* I mean, it wasn't for anything too extraordinary.

You resumed (favorite hobby) and managed to calm down and get all of your thoughts straight and went at it for at least another hour before making yourself some dinner. You played loud music and started to sing and dance a bit as you worked, and you could honestly say you were having a great time.

And suddenly...

You heard the phone vibrating.

You stopped cold. Could it be?

Not that you cared, you just wanted to know who was texting you. You reached out and grabbed your phone and unlocked it, and you saw that the message was from a number that wasn't yet in your contacts. You opened it and read it.

Hey, (Y/N)! It's Sam. I meant to text you earlier but a LOT of things happened and... you know.

You smiled slightly at the text and instantly found yourself replying.

Hi, Sam! I was beginning to think you'd never talk to me again. But that's okay, I'm glad you texted!

You saved his number, and then you looked straight at your wall.

"I'm glad you texted?" You scolded. "What am I, crazy?!"

You managed to put your (favorite food) on a plate and made your way back to the table. You turned on the TV and while you began eating, the phone vibrated again.

Oh, don't worry, I'm not that mean.

You chuckled and texted him back:

You sure look mean. But you're kinda cool.

All through the evening until you went to sleep, you texted back and forth about random things and you felt extremely comfortable about talking to him. You even wnt to bed and turned off all the lights, but you kept texting him nontheless.

 You even wnt to bed and turned off all the lights, but you kept texting him nontheless

Iron Fist

After a busy day at school, the thing you wanted most was to get home and relax, play some calm music and maybe take a nap or meditate a bit. So when you reached your house, you changed your clothes and went out to your backyard next to your favorite tree and satdown with your legs crossed. On your little speaker, you played your playlist of relaxing music and closed your eyes with your back now leaning against the trunk.

As you meditated and heard the music. your mind went through many scenes. Your classroom, your friends, the wind gently blowing against your skin. Even Danny made his way into your mind as you meditated, which was something you found quite nice.

You especially felt peace when you focused on the image of his emerald green eyes. Green, like the leaves of trees in a forest on a sunny day. Yes, that's what his eyes reminded you of.

Associating Danny with the beauty of a forest made you feel a calm that you had only achieved a certain number of times on your own, which you took as a good sign and told yourself that he was special.

You continued to meditate and you felt so relaxed that you were almost about to fall asleep. However, right before your mind drifted off into slumber, you felt something... odd. Something that was telling you to open your eyes and go back inside.

You always went with your instincts, so you followed your heart on this one too.

"Namaste," you said quietly and opened your eyes. You slowly stood up while still enjoying the gentle breeze of the wind and calmly walked back inside. You went for a glass of water, and returned to the table. You decided to check on your phone for any messages since you hadn't done so all day.

And the first message you saw was from an unkown number.

Out of curiosity, you opened it.

(Y/N)? Hi, it's Danny. How are you?

You instantly smiled and saved his number in your contacts, then you replied:

I'm fine, thanks! Just finished meditating, actually. What's up?

You set your phone down and got out some of your textbooks to start doing homework. After about five minutes, you got another text from Danny:

Nothing much, really. I've finished my chores and can finally relax. What about you?

You answered:

I'm just starting with my homework, actually. But I can still chat!

You started working, and then received a message from him.

Are you sure? I wouldn't want to be a distraction.

Oh, that boy could distract you even from a mile away. But that wasn't a bad thing.

Don't you worry about that, you answered, I'd never deny a friend some company.

You decided to work on psychology first since it was your most boring subject (the teacher was just lame) and Danny's company made you feel better about it.

I see. Well, if we're friends maybe we should both climb trees tomorrow!

You chuckled.

I'd love that!

You and Danny continued to text back and forth until it was night and you fell asleep.