When you run into him on the street

Nova

Nova

It was finally Saturday, which meant that you could do whatever you pleased. It was a very boring week at school (then again, most of them are), so you wanted to do something fun, something that would take your mind off the daily world and would make you laugh your heart out and just, you know, be different. You live for these kinds of days.

After all, it's New York. What's there not to do in New York?

You thought for a second whether you wanted to spend some time by yourself or maybe call up a friend and do something together. You thought for a second about texting Sam, but felt a little shy about the idea.

So, the idea of going to a mall and doing weird things popped into your mind. You called two of your friends and they said they'd go with you, but they'd meet you in about two hours, so you had some time to kill. You went to a coffee shop and sat down outside after ordering (favorite beverage). You felt your phone in your pocket and the idea of texting Sam once again crossed your mind.

Why not? Maybe going to the mall with Sam would be fun.

Shyly, you texted him asking him if he wanted to meet you and some friends later at the mall and then set your phone down as you drank your (beverage) while you looked at the people of the city going about. Once you finished it, you walked calmly out of the coffee shop. You decided to start making your way to the mall and spend some more time there before your friends arrived.

As you were walking down one of the more calm streets of New York, you suddenly dropped your phone. You bent down to pick it up, and when you started to stand up again, you felt somebody crashing into you.

"Oof!" You yelped. "Watch out there!"

"Sorry, sorry-"

As the person who bumped into you revealed his face, you both smiled brightly.

"Sam!" You yelled.

"Hey!" He said back.

You noticed he seemed a bit agitated, and since he crashed into you, you began to wonder if he had been running.

"You okay?" You asked him.

"Yeah," he said with a sigh. "I was just, uh... walking, kinda running."

You smiled. "Hey, um, I'm on my way to the mall to meet some friends. Wanna come?"

When you finished saying that, you noticed that his watch started beeping loudly. He quickly turned it off

Sam smiled softly. "I'd really like it, but... I, uh, I'm busy. The whole evening. My pet is uh... going to get surgery. That's actually why I'm in such a hurry."

"Oh," you said comprehensively. You noticed he had stammered, but then again if his pet was sick he was entitled to be a bit worried, wasn't he? "I hope it turns out okay."

"Thanks," he told you. "Anyways, um... It was nice seeing you."

"Same," you replied to him and suddenly you leaned in to peck his cheek. You noticed he smiled at you, and then he wlked on while waving at you.

As you kept making your way over to the mall, you thought about Sam and hoped sweetly that his pet would be fine. Meanwhile, Sam ran quickly and made his way down the streets to attend the emergency, and a part of him desperately hoped that his fib about his nonexistent pet being sick was convincing enough to keep you safe.

 Meanwhile, Sam ran quickly and made his way down the streets to attend the emergency, and a part of him desperately hoped that his fib about his nonexistent pet being sick was convincing enough to keep you safe

Iron Fist

It was a calm Sunday evening and you were just at the park listening to your favorite music and having a little picnic on your own. You loved this type of stuff, especially since you'd be going back to the routine of school the day after.

Once you finished eating under the warm light of the now setting sun, you picked up your things and you put them inside the little bag that you had taken. You started to leave the park calmly in order to make your way back to your house. As you start to walk down the more crowded street, you looked directly forward.

And you could barely believe it.

Out in the distance, you could have sworn you saw someone familiar. He was blonde and tall and had a very friendly face, and he reminded you entirely of a friend you had just met a couple of days back.

You squinted your eyes in order to confirm if it was in fact Danny, but you didn't want to seem creepy or indiscreet. Not to mention, there were several people walking by and some of them inevitably blocked your view from time to time.

There was this one man who was really tall and didn't have like a clear path, so one second he was in front of you and the other he wasn't. You were, however, walking closer to the boy you thought was Danny. In one mere second that the man in front of you shifted to the side and you managed to see the boy again.

But what surprised you even more was that he was also stretching his neck to see you. And thanks to that, you confirmed that that boy was indeed Danny.

"Danny!" You called out.

"(Y/N)?" You heard him calling out to you too.

You two finally met face to face in the middle of that sidewalk and he greeted you with a breathtaking smile.

"Hello," he said sweetly.

"Hey," you replied. "What's up?"

"Nothing," he said. "I just thought I'd take a walk since today was an easy day."

"That's nice," you told him. "I was at the park having a little picnic on my own, now I was just on my way home."

"That sounds nice," Danny said.

You smiled, and coudn't help but blush just a little bit.

"Would you like me to walk you home?" He suddenly asked.

You looked back up at him, slightly surprised but not in a bad way.

"R-really?" You asked.

"Of course," he said. "It is a nice day, after all."

You smiled at him. "Alright then. I'd be glad if you walked me home."

"Perfect," said Danny. "Which way do we go?"

"That way," you pointed in the direction you were going.

Danny nodded and offered you his arm. You linked arms with him and the two of you began walking down the sidewalk again while talking about whatever came on your minds.