When you find out he's a superhero

Nova

Nova

Sam hadn't been talking as much to you in person. You texted without a problem, but in person he was... different. You almost felt like he was beginning to avoid being with you in person.

It had been two days and he still hadn't addressed you properly. You even saw him running out of the school a couple of times with some of his friends.

That day, you decided you'd had enough of his mystery. You appeared to be great friends, why the heck would he avoid you now?! You knew you hadn't done anything wrong. And because you were so confident of yourself, you decided to go and confront Sam.

It was the end of the day and you ran to the entrance of the school to find him. You kept telling yourself not to seem angry, that it would just ruin things if you were.

At least, you thought that until you saw him running off again.

You didn't want to let him get away this time. "Sam!"

He turned around instantly at the sound of his name. When Sam noticed it was you, he smiled, but you could tell there was a slight nerve in him.

"H-Hey, (Y/N)!"

You ran up to him, and his friends even stopped to wait for him.

"Sam, what's the matter?" You managed to say calmly and sincerely. "You've been avoiding me!"

"Oh," he said with sympathy. "(Y/N), it's not what you think, believe me, I just... I've been-"

"Sam," one of his friends, the tall one with blond hair said, "we cannot keep our situation waiting."

You looked at Sam sadly. "You're running off again?"

"Look," he took your hand. "I can't wait right now, there's an... emergency. But I promise, tomorrow, no excuses, I'll talk with you tomorrow."

You gave him a sad smile. "Alright."

He smiled at you. "Thanks."

So that evening, you went by without talking to Sam again. It made you upset in a way, but you kept your hopes up. Anyways, when you were at home you realized you no longer had (ingredient for dinner of choice) and frankly, you'd been looking forward to that dinner all week and you did not plan on skipping out.

You got your coat and went out of your apartment heading towards the nearest shop. You went in and directly went on to looking for what you were there to buy, and then you proceeded to paying. You were just about to make the transaction when something crashed into the wall of the shop and sent you flying a few meters back.

You rubbed lower back and stood up again, then noticed that there was a big figure at the entrance of the shop. Then, that figure turned out to be four figures instead of one. They were all very big and muscular and didn't look friendly.