Prologue

"Who's that?" My sister, Crystal, asked. I set the feed down and turned to where she was looking. I was still getting used to my new job as a trainer and stable hand at Ridgeway Horse Ranch. I had only been here about a week, but I knew most of the regular people here. My eyes widened as I watched who my sister was talking about.

A guy with sandy blonde hair was picking up a cube of hay not too far from us. I could clearly see his defined muscles rippling under the weight of the hay in his light blue Ridgeway stable hand Polo. I was wearing the same one at that very moment. I knew for a fact that they were very form fitting. I hadn't seen this mystery man yet. Granted, this was just a job I picked up for summer vacation before my senior year, I thought that I had seen everyone. I was wrong... Very wrong.

Crystal giggled and yanked on my hand. Before I realized where she was going, we were standing in front of him. He looked over and immediately caught my eye. The half-smile that slowly appeared on his face made my knees weak. It was a miracle that I was still standing. 

Crystal had this theory that she was like Cinderella. She was a true Southern Belle. She wanted Prince Charming and the little house on the Prairie, and all that jazz. For her, the sooner she got married, the better. So she threw herself at almost every attractive guy who looked like they could support her and her future family.

She was insecure when you really got to know her, but on the outside, she appeared to be tough as a rock. It was crazy that we were even sisters; we were polar opposites. We didn't even look related.

I could've sworn that the mysterious stranger's intoxicating electric blue eyes were on me, but I didn't have time to double check. Crystal thrust her hand his way, diverting his attention.

"Hi, I'm Crystal," she introduced herself. His eyes shifted to my gorgeous older sister.

She was taller than me, standing at almost 5'8" while I was barely 5'3". The handsome stable hand cleared 6 feet easily. Crystal had a thing about dating guys shorter than her: she never did it. She was also thin. Her lean figure resembled one of a Victoria's Secret model. I was curvier. I'd done gymnastics since I was 3, and it showed. I had toned muscles and a round backside. I remember my aunt once telling me that I had "the perfect birthing hips"; whatever that meant. Crystal dyed her hair jet black and always had it bone straight. My hair was a light reddish brown. My mom often used the words "sun kissed" to describe it. It was almost almost up in a messy bun.

"Tristan," he said, shaking me out of my thoughts. He shook my sister's hand politely and smiled. That smile could have cured world hunger. I realized that I was staring at him. I fidgeted and looked away from him.

"I have to get back to work Crys," I said quietly. She shot me a pout and Tristan chuckled. His voice was like velvet. I just wanted to rub it's softness against my face. I cleared my throat. My thoughts were turning creepy.

"Actually, I've got to get going too," he shrugged apologetically to Crystal.she stifled a sigh and straightened.

"It's cool. I guess I'll just see you both later," Crystal said, smiling suggestively at Tristan. I rolled my eyes at my older sister. She was unbelievable. She pranced away with me shaking my head after her. I sighed before I started waking back towards the South barn.

"I never caught your name," he yelled after me. I turned and smiled softly.

"Holly," I yelled back.