twenty seven➵ not free yet

Drop a vote and comment! xoxo

"I think the good and the great are only separated by the willingness to sacrifice."

- Kareem-Abdul Jabbar

Will's POV

Regaining consciousness, I blink slowly and wake up to see Elizabeth kneeling over me, her smile bright and beautiful as always.

"What happened to the chest?" Are the first words out of my mouth and I think she's a bit disappointed that I didn't say I was glad to see her but we already had our reunion on the island.

"Norrington took it to draw them off," She explains and I find my eyebrows screwing up in confusion at this. Why would he do that for us? Or rather for himself? That's suicide.

"And Evelyn?" I question and her eyes almost blow out of proportion at this.

"E-Evie? She's alive?" A giddy smile begins to break out on her face and I nod, holding my head as I sit up and she helps me. "Where? How? When did you see her?"

"Not an hour ago," I answer and her attention immediately turns to Jack who's discussing Norrington with Gibbs.

"No, we can't," I blurt as I gently grab her wrist, bringing her attention back to me.

"But...but you said-"

"I know what I said. But he needs to stay focused on Jones. If we tell him about Evie he'll lose everything trying to find her," I explain cautiously and she seems to understand but not be overly excited about keeping this from him and the rest of the crew.

"I understand," She nods, helping me to my feet. Just as she does this, however, I nearly fall down when the Dutchman pops out of the water right next to us causing Elizabeth to jump in fright.

"Ah! The F-"

"Lord, I done that," Gibbs cuts her off as he crosses himself and I just give him an odd look before turning my attention back to the Dutchman.

"I'll handle this, mate," Jack shoves Gibbs out of the way with his new jar of...dirt? "Oi, fish face! Lose something, aye?" He chuckles as he holds up the jar of dirt in the air, prancing around with it. Just as I'm about to warn him to watch where he's going he loses his footing and tumbles down the stairs causing all of us to cringe and suppress laughter. Smooth, Jack.

As Jack continues to make a scene and dance around, mocking Jones, I notice something flashing in the water from behind the Dutchman. My heart begins hammering in my chest as I see a familiar tail flip in and out of the water, the sun making it glimmer.

"Will? What is it?" Elizabeth clutches my hand and I just shake my head, looking back to Jack. Your secret is still safe with me, Evie. After some time of this I hear Jones groan, "Enough," and their cannons being pulled out, causing Jack to lose his playful grin.

"Oh, by the way, Jack, I saw your fishy friend!" Jones calls out just as he's raising his hand to pause the assault of the cannons, "What a sight she is," He smirks and everyone is left dazed at his words as he brings his hand down, signaling for the cannons to go off. Before Jack can think about what he said for too long, he's diving to the floor to miss being hit by a cannonball.

"Hard to starboard," Jack mumbles, too caught up in what Jones said to think about how loud he said it.

"Hard to starboard!" Elizabeth shouts louder for him toward Gibbs who's now frantically turning the wheel, trying to turn the Pearl.

"Raise up the foreyard!" I also shout toward anyone who's listening, rushing towards the side of the ship to see Evie looking back at the fight and when she notices me staring, slips back underwater.