perfect [jyatt]

Just a one shot I wrote last night while my power was out, sorry in advance since it kind of sucks.

//

Perfect. A word you think of when you look at a certain something, a certain someone. Maybe perfect isn't something you aspire to be, but what something else is that you admire. To Jaeden Lieberher, that perfect was sitting a couple of feet away from him. And perfects name was Wyatt Oleff. One of the most popular guys in school, but not a jer-

"Mr. Lieberher? Mr. Lieberher!"

Jaeden snapped his head towards the teacher and blinked a few times. What was he thinking?
"Uh, y-yes?"
He heard the giggles and snickers from several students, and that's when he looked around the room, realizing that every aspect of a human being in that room was staring right at him. Even Wyatt.

Jaedens cheeks got hot as they turned into a deep red color. Not only did he embarrass himself in front of the whole class, but Wyatt definitely caught him staring.

"Are you done daydreaming? I asked you a question. This is a warning Mr. Lieberher, I expect better from you." And with a stern look to end the sentence the teacher turned around and started writing on the board again, a few kids still silently laughing and whispering to each other.

Embarrassment was a thing Jaeden was pretty fond of but it's not like he enjoyed it, his heart was beating 100 times faster now. When he thought the whole 'Jaeden can't pay attention, what an idiot' thing was over he still felt someone's gaze set on him.

He looked around the room a couple of times and his eyes finally landed on- you guessed it- Wyatt.

He wasn't laughing with the other kids but he was just smirking, which made Jaeden smile a little. Wyatt turned his attention towards the teacher once again, still holding the smirk.

Later that day, Jaeden was putting his things in his locker, about to grab his skateboard and finally go home soon after.
He was caught off guard when he shut his locker and found Wyatt standing behind it, leaned up against the rest of the lockers. How cliché.

He jumped and held his hand to his heart which got a tiny laugh out of Wyatt.
"Didn't mean to scare you, sorry about that."

"Oh, don't worry about it!" Jaeden got out quickly.
Even though him and Wyatt have only talked about twice, he's had the biggest crush on him, observing him whenever he could in a non-stalkerish way.

Wyatt turned his head and waited until everyone cleared the hallway, giving him and Jaeden some time to talk.
"I caught you staring at me in class today-"

Before he could finish, Jaeden interrupted, "Oh I'm sorry! Really. I was just distracted."

Wyatt smiled a bit, "don't worry about it, it was cute."

Jaedens cheeks burned a dark red for the second time that day, "It-it was?"

"Yeah, and it's kind of cute that you're nervous. I've caught you more than once actually, but don't worry, I don't think you've caught me staring."

Jaedens head spun with different thoughts.
'Am I dreaming?'
'Is he sure he's talking to the right person?'
'Wake up Jaeden'
'Did Wyatt just say he's been staring at me too?'

"Woah, I didn't even know you were. ."

Wyatt finished his sentence, "Gay? Into guys? You thought wrong, Lieberher."
He leaned closer to Jaeden, so close that Jaeden could feel his hot breath radiating off of his neck, and he could smell his minty scent, vanilla too.

"Let's talk more, yeah?"

Jaeden quickly nodded and couldn't help but to smile.
Wyatt pulled away a few seconds later and started walking away, a familiar smirk set on his face.

Jaeden leaned against the locker and felt his rapid breathing change to normal again, he felt wyatts hand in his jean pocket while he was close, and he knew for a fact he put his number in there.

"Perfect," was all that came out of jaedens mouth with a happy sigh.