good luck [jyatt]

written by molly

i wasn't online yesterday so this is for flora (: <3

(this is also slightly inspired by logan's new oneshot on @rrainbxws)

;

"okay, class, the final bell is about to ring. we are officially half-way through the school year! who's excited for school to be over already, huh?" the teacher laughed slightly as many hands flew up into the air, one of those hands belonging to a boy named wyatt oleff. he was just a kid at prairie cliff high school, as was everyone else that attended.

the school was really great with everyone getting along. there really wasn't any social classes, meaning there wasn't a 'popular' group or a 'nerdy' group. everyone was just themselves. of course, some people didn't like others, but they made sure not to bring the drama to school. it was kind of an understanding throughout the school.

one of the hands that wasn't up, though, was one that belonged to a boy named jaeden lieberher. he adored school, just because his home wasn't the nicest place and school was sort of an escape. he knew the summer wasn't going to be the dream vacation everyone wanted, he wanted.

jaeden was typically a shy person, but he did have many friends outside of school and even a few in school. he had just never met wyatt oleff.

"great, now remember, if you want to stay after school in my classroom to work on the extra credit project, i would be happy to hold you until five. please come and see me after the bell." almost on cue, the bell had rang right after the words left her mouth. everyone got up and moved around, walking out the door.

jaeden would take any chance he could to stay at school longer, so he decided it would be better to stay after. he walked up to the teacher, asking her if he could.

wyatt, though, was about to walk out, but jaeden caught his eye. he didn't know him, all he knew was that jaeden was cute; anyone could see that. he wanted to get to know him, so perhaps this was the best chance to.

he walked up next to jaeden, starting to talk to the teacher as he cut her off. "i-uh, i would like to work afterwards, too," he said quickly, jaeden seeming to jump a little as he turned his head. his eyes met the side of wyatt's face, then wyatt's eyes, as he turned to glace at the boy.

jaeden immediately felt his cheeks warm up, his eyes widening. he turned back to the teacher before wyatt could notice. "oh, well, that would be great! i'm not sure if you boys know each other, but if you would like, i could bend a few things around and make this a partner project?"

"i think-"

"that would be fine, ms. bridges," wyatt cut off jaeden, who turned to look at the curly mess of hair again. he was completely confused, and he didn't know whether to like it or not.

"fantastic. you two can start working, i will be back in a few. i need to grab some copies and check my mail," she smiled, walking past the two boys as she left. jaeden felt his face flush as he moved past wyatt, sitting down in one of the chairs as a table.

wyatt smiled, sitting down in the chair next to him. "i'm wyatt, by the way, wyatt oleff," he held out his hand for jaeden to take. the boy did, his hand sweaty and shaky from being so nervous around new people. wyatt waited, but the boy never confessed his name. "and you are?" he asked slowly.

jaeden's face was completely rose. "oh! i-i'm sorry, i-uh, i'm j-jaeden, jaeden lie-lieberher," he stumbled out, mentally cursing himself for having such a stutter. wyatt only smiled; he thought it was cute. jaeden looked down at his lap, his fingers fumbling with each other. "w-why did you s-say we sh-sh-should work t-together?" he asked slowly, not looking up.

then he heard how bad that might sound, so he looked up quickly and brought his hands in front of wyatt's face. "i-i mean, not l-like that! i-i'm j-just saying...l-like, w-w-we don't know e-each other well, a-and-"

"i get what you're saying, jae," wyatt laughed, but jaeden's face only grew a darker red as he heard his nickname. he hated it but loved it at the same time. "i just wanted to get to know you, you know? and now that i know your name, how you go red at almost anything," wyatt paused, smiling as jaeden waited for him to finish, "i know that you seem pretty sweet."

jaeden felt his cheeks heat up more, if possible, and he pressed his hands to them to try and cool them down. "g-gosh," he muttered out to himself, causing wyatt to smile. jaeden was like a little kid, as wyatt observed, and he was really enjoying it. 

wyatt smiled a little more as he studied jaeden, his features and his personality. he was beautiful inside and out, and for wyatt to understand this after a few sentences of talking, that is truly amazing on jaeden's part.

"m-maybe we should s-s-start the project," he said quickly, his eyes traveling up to wyatt's. wyatt noticed as his eyes fell downward the slightest, towards wyatt's lips. then he noticed as jaeden shook his head quickly, as if he shouldn't be thinking such things to such an unknown person. wyatt smiled.

"hey, jae?" jaeden blinked a few times. "can i kiss you for good luck?" jaeden's eyes immediately widened, his face turning a shade of red wyatt didn't think was possible. he was almost pale and red at the same time.

"c-can you w-w-what?" he asked, though he knew what the boy said, he knew very well what he said. "b-but w-w-we just s-started talking-"

"is that a no? you can say no."

jaeden thought for a moment, starting to feel more flustered with some confidence. but only some, not a lot, definitely not enough to say that it was not a no.

"i-i'm not s-s-saying th-that," jaeden slowly said, his cheeks not lacking the beautiful rosy color for a second. wyatt raised his eyebrows, jaeden feeling very self conscious at the moment.

the two boys stared at each other, subconsciously leaning towards each other, until the loud footsteps of their teacher walked in. jaeden quickly reacted, sitting upward and facing the teacher. wyatt sighed, pressed his lips together, and looked over as well.

"have you boys started yet? if not, i would hurry, i can only hold you for maybe an hour and a half," she informed, jaeden immediately nodding and pulling out a few papers. ms. bridges frowned. "jaeden, you look flushed. are you feeling okay?" he felt his heart start to pick up pace.

"uh, y-yes, ms. b-bridges," he said as quickly as he could, trying not to stutter too much. she smiled sympathetically and nodded, sitting down at her desk as she faced her computer. wyatt smiled.

"hey jae," wyatt said, still looking at the teacher. jaeden and him looked over at each other at the same time, causing their noses to bump into each other from the mere distance they were at. jaeden's heart was beating out of his chest, but wyatt only smiled.

"you want to work on this project at my house after this? you know, so we can get more things done. for good luck." jaeden's eyes widened. of course he knew what wyatt was implying, the boy wasn't stupid. he knew that wyatt wanted to try and kiss him, for 'good luck'.

knew it or not, jaeden was feeling a boost of confidence that he would later be glad he let out.

"sounds fine," he smiled a little. "f-for good luck."

;

i love you flora and haylea

-molly