Chapter Five: [Not on The List]

"I look at you, and I just love you, and it terrifies me. It terrifies me what I would do for you."

    Indigo's POV

             My head slightly jostled against the window, in the backseat of Stiles' jeep, as I tiredly watched the raindrops run along the glass from the speed of the car. It had been silent and this was all I could do as I thought about what to say to the two sitting in the front. The two who, without telling me why or where, directed me into the jeep. Instantly, and ever since we'd started driving, thoughts ran through my head. I'd done my best to keep quiet and let them believe I was just going to wait until we arrived to answer my questions, but I couldn't contain it any longer.

     "Would anyone like to tell me where we're going at 1o at night?" I huffed, crossing my arms as I leaned back into my seat. Waiting for an answer, I glanced up to the mirror, seeing Stiles' eyes flickering to look at me and then back to the road hurriedly. I furrowed my eyebrows, becoming momentarily concerned.

     "Scott?" I called out, hoping to possible hear something from him. A sigh from him caught my attention, but all he did was adjust his position in his seat. I scoffed. I was getting frustrated. Not only were they not giving me answers about why they had taken me, but I also had no idea where.

      My eyes glanced out the window, trying to discern shapes or recognizable landmarks. This street looked a little familiar. A turn came up and I saw it to be the parking lot for the Beacon Hills County Police Department. I felt the jeep turn and sighed in realization.

      There were hardly any cars, obviously due to the hour, but we pulled up next to the Sheriff car. I unbuckled as soon as the jeep came to a stop, hopping out as the other two did. The slam of our doors broke the silence as we all walked to the front doors. Stiles, surprisingly, walked next to me silently.

      I furrowed my eyebrows and reached for his hand, slowly intertwining our fingers. Stiles flinched at the action, but only glanced my way for a second to give me a soft smile. I was confused. Scott hadn't looked at me either, only creating an even tenser feeling. What was so bad they couldn't look me in the eye?

     We entered the building and immediately made our way to the Sheriff's office, finding Stilinski sitting at his desk with papers. He stood as he watched us walk in, taking a deep breath as he adjusted his holster. He gave me a small nod and I returned it. I wondered if he knew why I was here, why any of us were here.

     "I've pulled the files out for the Walcott's, the delivery man at the lakehouse, and the man who set up the mine."

    Stiles nodded and let go of my hand, shuffling the papers around. Scott looked on, before catching my eyes. I raised an eyebrow. And nothing.

      "So, the Walcott's were the first." Stiles spoke up. "At least, the first that we know about. Four murders: Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk."

         Stiles slid out a picture from the manila folder of a bloody axe-type weapon.

      "But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine. Next was Demarco-"