Yukimura Arata

Timeline: 7.5-8 years later.

*I don't own KHR*

A family of four sat around the dinner table, quietly enjoying their meal, with occasional small talk shared between them.

The family; composed of a loving mother, a 17 year old boy, and a 13 year old boy and girl.

"Is something wrong, Maman? Fuuta asked his adoptive mother worriedly; she had been quieter than usual, and a frown marring her usually smiling face.

"It's nothing, Fuuta-kun." She smiled kindly.

"Are you sure, Maman?" I-Pin asked shyly.

Fuuta's remark had caused the younger two to worry as well.

"It's just..." Nana hesitated, "It's I-Pin-chan's and Lambo-kun's parent participation day next week, and since they're in different classes this year I can only go to one of them."

"Oh, that." Lambo said in a bored voice, earning a glare from I-Pin that turned into a look of surprise and appreciation when he continued, "Just go to I-Pin's."

Lambo knew how much hard work I-Pin put into her school work to make Maman proud, and how much it would mean to his sister figure to have her there on parents' day.

Plus, his teacher this year liked to make fun of Tsuna, causing Lambo to get into trouble with him often, and he didn't want his mother to be witness to either of those things.

"Are you sure, Lambo-kun?" Nana was still worried, she loved her kids equally and didn't like showing favouritism.

Lambo gave a meaningful glance to his siblings, hoping that they'd help him out, "I'm positive Maman."

Lambo has often complained to his siblings about his teacher, Yukimura Arata, a tall, blond man, with narrow, cold blue eyes. He was in Tsuna's class in his second and last year of junior-high, and often assaulted the other teen verbally.

Fuuta and I-Pin shared a look, understanding Lambo's reasoning, before the older came to his younger brother's aid, "Well, that settles it Maman!" he said cheerfully, "Plus you can go to Lambo's parents' day next year if they don't end-up in the same class again."

There was no way any of them would disappoint Maman, or allow her to hear something bad being said about Tsuna.

"Alright." Nana agreed hesitantly, a plan forming in her head, "They're just like Tsu-kun," she murmured softly, causing the three to perk up, "Who want's seconds?" She added cheerfully.

"Me!" Three voices said simultaneously.

She just hoped that her son could make it with just a week's notice, he was a busy man after all.

Parents' Participation Day

"Hey, Bovino-kun!" One of Lambo's classmates greeted, waking Lambo from his daydreaming.

Lambo looked up to see Shimizu Ryou, a lively boy with dark brown hair and bright hazel eyes, and one of the few people in school he considered a friend.

"Hey Shimizu-kun." Lambo replied to the cheery boy.

"Who are you bringing to parent's day?"

"No-one."

"Eeh?! What do you mean 'no-one'?"

"Maman's going to my sister's." Lambo explained, though that didn't help much.

"Isn't there anyone else that can make it?" Ryou seemed down about his friend's situation.

"Not really." Lambo thought of his birth family and Tsuna-Nii; the former he didn't want in his life, and the latter was busy and couldn't make it.