Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Before they could go back to New York, they had to wait for the severe storm to pass. They were going to drive, but they wanted a clear shot through. So meanwhile, they stayed at the hospital. Kate was laying in bed with jack curled into her. He was soundly sleeping from his medication. Rick sat on the edge of the bed rubbing Kate's back. "Kate," he leaned in and whispered softly, "you need to eat something." He stood up and Kate turned to look at him, "I'm not leaving jack," "I never said you had to sweetie, I'm going to get a coffee and some food, you need to eat." "So do you." He nodded, "anything you want?" She shook her head, "just coffee and whatever you see that's good." "Ok I'll be back in 10." He leant down and kissed her before leaving. Kate sighed and closed her eyes. She hadn't slept in the three days going on four since they have been in Boston. She was too worried about what was wrong with her son that she couldn't sleep and then when she found out she was torn apart her heart aching for her son. She must have drifted off because she woke up to Rick shaking her shoulder. Kate carefully got out if the bed and helped Rick with the many things he had brought up. "I bought a little bit of everything." He said laying the food out on a table. Kate picked up a bowl of mac&cheese and sat on the couch In the room. Rick sat next to her with some soup and they ate in science Kate finished half and felt sick so she put it down. Rick finished his soup and pulled her close to his body. "Well bet through this, babe." He whispered. After a few he got them up. So he could pull the couch out into a bed. He made it while Kate went in the bathroom and did her nightly routine. When she came out he went in and did his and met her in the bed after shutting off the lights. It wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world but it did the job. Rick pulled Kate into his arms and pulled the blankets over them. "Wanna talk about it?" He asked running a hand through her hair. She shook her head. "Not now." She reached up and kissed him, "I love you so much Rick." "I love you too, Kate." She nestled her head under his chin and took in his sent. Rick waited for about an hour before her breathing finally evened out and he was able to let sleep claim him too. Knowing what was wrong with Jack made it easier to sleep, though the sleep wasn't the greatest, but it was better than none.