Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Rick woke to the steady heaping of the machine that was monitoring Jacks heart. He sighed at the steadiness of his heart and brought Kate's sleeping body closer. He kissed her hair and relaxed so he wouldn't wake her. She was curled into him. Her head on his chest with one arm around his waist and her one leg hooked over his leg and rested in the huddle of his legs that were parted. When she snuggled deeper into him, he heard her sigh. Kate was now awake but kept her eyes closed. Rick began to lightly rub the tension out of her shoulders with one hand. "Mmm, Rick?" He turned so he was facing her and dropped a kiss to her lips, "yeah, beautiful?" He smoothed her hair back. "What's wrong?" He urged. "I need a shower." He nodded knowing she was holding back, but he wouldn't push her, not yet anyway. Luckily the hospital room also had a second room that served as a privet bathroom with a sink toilet and a shower, though it wasn't big, it was good enough. Kate twisted free from the blankets and Rick after giving his another kiss, his morning breath lingering, but she didn't care. She took a moment to study his face, worn, tired, unshaved, and sad. After one more stoked kiss I'm attempt to make him feel slightly better, she got up and went to their bags they were tucked under the table. Freezing from the cold temperature in the room and went to the thermostat and turned the heat up a few degrees figuring it wouldn't hurt. Rick, watching her, got out of bed to clean up from last night. Kate turned back to the bags and fished through them. She got clean underwear and a bra, followed by a long sleeved NYPD shirt and a sweatshirt, also grabbing her make-up bag, she figured light make-up wouldn't hurt since her was now smudged and worn. Trying to find the soap and towels Rick knelt down next to her and placed his hand on the small of her back. "The soap and stuff is already in there from yesterday." He said placing a kiss in her temple. She nodded, hands full of stiff and headed to the bathroom. Giving her space, Rick sat back in the chair after he out the bed away and waited for her to be done to take a shower also. "Daddy?" His head snapped up and he was instantly on his feed and by jacks bedside. Kneeling down so he was at his level, he kissed his forehead. "Hey, bud, how did you sleep?" "Ok, but i have a headache." Rick nodded, "your nurse should be here soon to give you breakfast, that might make it go away." Jack nodded, clutching his teddy bear and blankey, that he had since an infant and couldn't sleep without, closer to him. "Where's momma?" He finally asked. "She's taking a shower." "When can we go home, daddy? I miss my friends and I miss home and everybody there." Rick tried his best not to frown so he smiled a sad smile. "Soon, bud, once this storm passes, we will go home." Jack sighed and Kate came out of the bathroom with her hair damp and down, with no make up on and her eyes had dark circles under them. She smiled once she saw jack was awake. Rick took the moment to take the beautiful smile in that he hasn't seen in days. He admired her with no make- up and her hair not done, her natural beauty shining through. "Momma!" "Hey bud. How are you feeling?" She asked sitting on the edge of his bed. Rick took the moment and stepped away giving them a moment. Dropping a kiss to both of their heads, he slipped into the bathroom to shower and clean up.

Castle: Beating the oddsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara