Chapter 5: Interrogation by Neal

I was sitting in the living room of Neal's house waiting for Neal.

He was talking to Mozzie outside the door.

My phone buzzed and I made sure that Neal was still outside before I took it out of my jacket pocket.

It was Jace. I was in the middle of sending a text to him when someone's hand covered yhe screen.

I looked up to find Neal standing there with his hand outstretched.

I sighed but he didn't move.

I put my phone in his hand and he put it in the kitchen drawer.

He sat across from me and I put my hands in my lap because they were badly shaking.

There are only two people who actually frighten me in this world: Neal and Cody.

"Why'd you run," Neal asked.

"I needed to leave. You were busy with Kate or Alex so I decided to start my own life," I said.

"Not even a phone call. You didn't even come to see me in prison," he said.

"I kept in touch with Mozzie he kept me up to date with everything," I said and Neal sighed rubbing his hands up and down his face.

"That's the worst part of this all. You wouldn't talk to me directly but you were more than willing to talk to Mozzie," he said.

"That's not why," I said before I could stop myself.

"What," Neal said leaning forward slightly.

"Nothing. I mean I obviously said something but nothing important," I rambled on before Neal stopped me.

"Look, I don't know what happened all those years ago but I want to be in your life again. Meaning, I want you to come live with me. Let me be your older brother," he said and I nodded,"I'd really like that."

"Good. Well, you can sleep on my bed for today and I can take the couch. Then, tomorrow, we can make some arrangements," he said and I nodded.

He gave me some shorts and I put them on folding my shirt in the corner.

After that, I climbed into bed and closed my eyes.