Chapter 12: Sick

I finally got Daniel to go to sleep and was sleeping in my own bed.

When I heard someone throwing up.

I quickly got up and rushed to the bathroom where I saw Daniel hunched over a toilet throwing his guts out.

I kneeled down by him and could tell he was burning up.

He was sweating and I called June.

She came into the bathroom sleepily but was wide awake when she saw what was happening.

"Call Peter and Mozzie," I said and she nodded before rushing out.

When Daniel was finished throwing up I helped him brush his teeth before laying him down on his bed.

There was a knock on the door and I opened it to find Peter, Elizabeth, and Mozzie on the other side.

They all came in and we crowded around Daniel's bed.

"What's his temperature," Elizabeth asked and I picked up the paper that I wrote it down on.

"100.1," she said.

"Neal, why didn't you take him to a hospital!," Peter exclaimed.

"I called the doctors and they said that it's probably nothing and to just try to calm the fever down," I said frowning.

"The fever's not high enough," Mozzie said and I nodded.

"Neal," Daniel said as he attempted to sit up Neal and Peter both pushed him down.

"Rest," Peter said demanding.

Even Neal would listen to that.

"Fine. But do me a favor," he stopped and Elizabeth made Mozzie leave with her to get him soup.

"I want you to free Gabriella," he said and Peter looked confused.

"That girl you arrested. She's not guilty. She- she," Daniel tried to say but Neal quieted him.

"We can talk about this later. Right now I want you to sleep," Neal said and Daniel was about to argue when Peter said, in a no nonsense tone," No arguing. Neal's right. You can talk to me about this later."

Daniel sighed defeated and nodded his head.