Chapter 8: Undercover

I was laying on the couch reading a book.

The door opened and Neal walked in with Peter behind him.

They both stopped at the foot of the couch and I lowered the book I was reading before realizing they wouldn't go away.

I sigh and close the book before I sit up on the couch putting the book on the table.

"Yes," I say.

They both look at each other and I get up.

I walk over to the fridge and poured myself a glass of juice.

"We need your help," Peter says.

"With what," I ask as I sit down at the table looking at my glass. 

Neal hits the back of my head, not really hard but it was still kind of painful.

"Pay attention," he says taking away my juice and I rub the back of my head.

"Sorry," I mutter.

"Anyway, we need your help with something," Peter says as he pulls out the chair and sits.

"What is it," I ask.

"We need you going undercover for us," Peter says and I nod.

"Why me and not your other agents," I question.

"They don't really fit the requirements," Neal says and Peter looks at him like I do.

"What are the requirements," I ask.

"Young and can't be identified as a fed," Neal says before Peter can say anything.

"What is it exactly that you need my help with," I say leaning forward.

"We need you to go under as a potential suitor at a ball hosted by the finest of the finest and try to uncover a plot to steal the family's riches from right under their noses," Peter said.

I smirked as I leaned back," Mystery, Mayhem, with a dash of a party. I'm in," I said.