Tape 7:Side A

I was sitting my hospital room staring at the ceiling. The box of tapes was in my closet. The one with a lock on it. My head was pounding. I called in a nurse.

"Hi.. uh.. Mr. Dobrik! What can I do for you today?"

"Yes, my head is pounding."

"Well, son. There isn't much we can do about that considering where the wound is."

"I'll give you a painkiller in thirty minutes."

"Okay. Thank you ma'am."

"No problem sir."

She shut the door. As soon as she did, it opened again. It was Liza.

"Liza? LIZA YOU ARE ALIVE?"

I jumped out of bed and hugged her tight. Somehow I was being pulled back to my bed. I turned around and it was Liza, again. I turned back and there were two Liza's. What the hell was going on? Was this some sick joke?

"David? David?"

My eyes fluttered open.

"What? Liza? Where are you?"

"David, it's Gabbie!"

"Oh great, the one who killed Liza."

I knew when I said that I truly fucked up.

"Excuse me? Your name was on the tapes too. You may not mean what you say now because of your stupid ass painkillers but I will never forget David."

Gabbie ran out of the room. I started crying. Hard. Corinna and Dom comforted me.

"It's okay. We all miss Liza. No matter what the tapes say. Don't get down on yourself." Corinna said.

"Thanks Corinna!"

"Besides, everyone but you killed Liza."

I shot her a smile. Half fake and half meaningful. Basically, like herself.

God, I'm being a dick today.

Zane walked into the room with Gabbie.

"Gabbs, I'm sorry. I didn't mean any of what I said. I love you."

"I love you too David." Gabbie hugged me. "Zane is hurting me, David. Help me." She whispered.

"Can I have some alone time with Zane, please?"

"Um. Sure." The group said.

"What do you want David?"

I grabbed a tape from the box and started recording. I needed a confession from this man.

"Why? Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Rape, Abuse, and Hurt Liza?"

"Shut the fuck up!"

Zane ran over to me and pulled me out of my hospital bed. I hit my head once again.

"We will never speak of that. David. We were both drunk. I didn't know what was going on.. neither did she!"

"She woke up, knowing where, when, and how you raped her. And she was drunk too?"

"God, you never quit."

He ran up to me and kicked my stomach hard. I started throwing up blood.

"So what? I raped Liza Koshy!! Sorry dude. Sorry you weren't getting any but I was."

He spit on me. I started crying my eyes out. Zane ran out of the room.

"Well, ladies and gents. There you have it. I replaced Liza's twelfth tape with Zane's confession. He beat me up, abused Gabbie, admitted to rape, and now has left the hospital. He is fleeing. Fleeing a crime scene. That is the end of tape twelve."

I laid on the floor crying. I thought about how I deleted Liza's tape. That's one less tape I won't get to hear, how if I was with Liza every chance I got she wouldn't be gone, how none of this would of happened if I would of just acted like a mature man. Yet I acted like a boy.

Gabbie rushed in. Dom, Alex, and Toddy followed her.

"Jesus Christ David! What happened to you?" Gabbie remarked.

"Zane. Zah.. Zan. Zane Hi.. Jaaa.. Zi." I was now gasping for air. I felt like I was trying to hold on but was just trying to hold on to air. I felt like I was taking all the air away from my lungs just trying to grasp something. Something that wasn't there.

"Dom, get a nurse. Alex call Seth and go find Zane. Toddy help me get David up."

Toddy and Gabbie lifted me up. I could barely stand. My legs began to tremble and I fell to the ground. The cold, hard ground. Everything was dark.

***

I woke up with eyes glaring down at me. I screamed. The machines started going crazy.

"David. It's fine. We called your parents and let them know everything that has happened. Calm down. Stay strong sweetheart!" The nurse replied.

Calm down David. Calm the fuck down. I nodded to myself thinking I could do this. I know I can't and won't. But I can try. I drifted off to sleep.

---
Author's Note;
Thank you so much for all the love, support, and reads I have received! I truly appreciate it. We have three more chapters before this book is over. Don't be sad though.. I have a sequel coming out soon, called "Thirteen Reasons Why Not." Love you all so much! Stay safe.

-H🖤