Part 15

RYAN'S POV

DECEMBER 31st

For New Year's Eve, Jake and I decide to drive up to the cabin at the lake for the weekend. I've apologized a million times for forgetting his birthday and he keeps telling me it's okay, but I still feel like shit. I want to make it up to him this weekend. We are driving in my car, and he's playing his usual hip hop music through the stereo and rapping along to all the lyrics.

I laugh and tease him and reach for his hand, bringing it to my mouth. He looks at me curiously as I kiss his knuckles, and smile at him. "You're so affectionate lately, I'm not used to this," he says.

"Well, get used to it," I say.

It starts snowing while we drive, creating a gorgeous view but the roads are slick and I grip the wheel tighter. "Be careful around the curves in the road," Jake says.

"I'm from Canada Jake, I know how to drive in the snow," I tease.

We finally pull up to the cabin late in the afternoon and we hop out of my car and grab our backpacks, and head inside. "I love having this place all to ourselves. That's new for us," Jake says, slinging his backpack off his shoulder and heading toward the kitchen.

"Me too," I say, agreeing with him. I watch him curiously as he unloads the cooler and puts beers and water bottles in the fridge. "You know we're only going to be here for the weekend, right?" I tease him.

"I plan on drinking a lot of beer," he says. "And a lot of water."

"I brought something a little stronger for us," I say, pulling out bottles of grey goose.

"You planning on getting me wasted Gosling? Is that the plan?" he asks, smirking.

"Obviously. Completely trashed. You're way more fun when you're drunk," I tease and he pretends to be offended.

"Alright well I'm going to hop in the shower really quick. I feel sweaty and gross," he says, pulling his shirt up and over his head. I take in his long, sexy torso and I bite my lip.

"Well you don't look sweaty and gross," I say, and he walks toward me.

"I'll only be a few minutes," he says, kissing me softly on the mouth before walking past me, into the bathroom.

"I'll start cooking dinner then," I yell out and turn back towards the kitchen.

After we finish eating dinner, I'm staring at Jake over the top of my glass as I sip down the bitter, strong taste of alcohol. He's wearing a black t-shirt, and black boxer briefs and his hair is damp and slicked back out of his face and he smells absolutely fucking edible. I can smell him over the scent of the food.

"Whatcha looking at Ry?" he asks, taking a sip of his drink too.

"We should establish some rules for this weekend," I say, raising my eyebrow at him.

He raises his eyebrow back at me. "Like what?" he asks.

"The most important rule is absolutely no clothes all weekend," I say, pulling my shirt up and over my head and tossing it at him.

His eyes widen and he smirks as he looks down at my bare chest. "I like that rule," he says, peeling his shirt off as well.

The table is blocking his view as I start to pull down my jeans, and his eyes stay glued to mine as I tug my jeans down until they fall around my ankles. We both sit across the table in nothing but our briefs challenging each other to make the next move.