Chapter 2

-Song for the Book-

Pick Up The Phone by Falling in Reverse-

Alexis' POV

I haven't seen this so called "Louis" since that night, and quite frankly I'm glad. I'm still covering the hickey as best as I can, he did a pretty damn good job. Viv and Lila won't leave me alone about it, it's always the same questions, day after day. Granted it's only been about two weeks. 'Did you see him today? Describe him again. Do you think about him?' I have the same answers, 'No, piercing blue eyes etc. etc, yes.' Of course I think about him, he scared me, but intrigued me at the same time.

A part of me wants to see him again but the other part is screaming for me to stay away. I can't get his blue eyes out of my mind, they were so..so..vibrant! I want to look into them and get lost in his sea of emotions. If he even has any, I've never talked to him. I snap back into reality when the nail lady was finished with my nails, dark blue and flowers. I pay the man up front leaving a ten dollar tip, I'm sure they were talking about how bad they looked before. I always feel like they talk about me in a different language when I'm there. I walked out onto the busy street trying to find 'Spoon Me' a nice ice cream shop, to meet up with Vivian and Lila. I haven't seen them in a few days, college has me swamped. An essay here, an essay there, plus all the little assignments. Not to mention being on the Basketball team and Football team. I don't really have time to socialize with other people.

My phone began to buzz and I looked down to reach for it when I ran into someone, their arms caught me before I fell amongst the busy crowd. I quickly shook it off and said my thanks before turning to leave. I took one step and the person grabbed me, pulling me back. I was about to scream but I couldn't, he had his hand on my mouth. I bit down as hard as I could and he let go, but all too soon had dragged me into the alleyway. I finally looked up to see the man and I was met with all too familiar golden brown ones.

"Zayn? What the hell! Why did you do that?" I yelled, he laughed and let me go, hugging me. Someone was obviously an affectionate person. I hugged back reluctantly, still scared because of what just happened.

"I've been looking for you for awhile now, Louis wants to see you," he smirked, my face fell and my heart sped up just a bit.

"You mean the man that gave me the damn hickey? Your supposed 'boss'?" I threw my hands in quotations and laughed dryly. "Yes, because I really want to see him. Why didn't he come himself? It would have been easier?" I rambled on and on, Zayn not paying much attention.

"Just come on, he isn't that bad," he pulled on my arm and led me down into the street. He hailed a taxi and I kept silent, I'm praying this will end well. I twiddled my thumbs out of nervousness, bad habit of mine. After a while we pulled up to a flat and Zayn helped me out of the cab. He paid and then grabbed my hand, pulling me through the doors.

"Don't look at anyone, keep your head down," I only nodded and did as told. I didn't plan on pissing anyone off today. Especially not Louis, god knows what he would do to me, or have Zayn do to me. He pulled me into the elevator, I noticed no on else was with us and looked up at Zayn. His face was hard-set. No emotion showing, none, at all. He caught me looking at him and his eyes softened but he immediately went back to his cold gaze.

"How do you work for Louis?" I whispered, he stared at me, narrowing his eyes, then turning back to his wall staring contest.

"Did I say you could talk?" He spat rather harshly, my mouth dropping down as soon as he said it. I shook it off and continued on with trying to get questions from him. I had a feeling I would have to pry. As if I wasn't already planning on it.

"You never said I couldn't," I sassed, he tensed and pinned me against the elevator wall. His breathing ragged, eyes nearly black.

"Oh yeah? Well don't talk. If you ever sass me again you'll regret it, understand?" He practically growled, I nodded my head vigorously, this side of him scaring me. I felt my heart rate increase rapidly and I began breathing heavier. I shouldn't have just come with him, i should have put up a fight. What the hell is wrong with me. The elevator dinged and he grabbed my arm dragging me down the hallway. I only looked down, scared of what he might do. I was quite terrified as of this moment. He grabbed his keys and unlocked a door. We walked in and it wasn’t like I expected it to be. I thought it would be a lot cleaner and more modern. It was cute, in its own way of course. You could tell a man lived here, a few dirty clothes scattered around, a few dirty dishes. Looking around I almost forgot I was being dragged to see Louis. The mysterious man.