Chapter 4

Alexis' POV

"Lou, will you get some laundry detergent while you're out?" I shouted down the hallway. If he forgets he won't have any clean clothes. As I walked into my bedroom I thought of my mum. I miss her, I grabbed my phone, dialing her number.

"Alexis, how long has it been since you've tried to contact me! I worry about you, you know? Especially with a new man around. Speaking of which, when will I meet this so called Louis? Hm? I'm not gett-"

"Mum, shush up! I've just been busy. My life has, uh, changed quite drastically," my voice fell a bit at the end. Louis has changed so much about my life, in such a short amount of time. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll meet him. He's bombarded my life, in every aspect of it actually."

I flopped down onto my bed and huddled under the covers  if one thing was the same about Louis and I, it was our love for the cold weather. Neither of us could sleep if it was warmer than 70 in his flat. 

'What do you mean my child?" my mother asked worryingly. I could only sense her worry through the phone. It made me smile, because even though her little baby is all grown up, she still worries about me like I never left. 

"Oh, I don't know Mum. He's just always there, even when he's not. It's difficult to explain." I sighed. "He's pretty good to me, but everything has to be his way, or else he gets infuriated and it's not fun. Oh and I may or may not have moved in with him," I whispered the last part. Knowing I was going to get an earful. I cringed waiting for the yelling to begin. It's a sin in my mother's eyes to live with a boy before marriage. Therefore, I'm making a big no-no.

"Alexis, Ariana, O'Hara, your father and I will be there in three days. If we do not like this boy you are to move out immediately and go back to your dorm. Are we understood my child?" Her voice was dripping with venom. She was shockingly calm, but I knew I was in deep shit. Only once before have I heard this tone, and it did not end very well.

"Yes, Mum. I'll send you the address when we're off the phone," I whimpered. I felt like a child again, but I knew she was angry with me, completely infuriated. 

"I have nothing left to say to you child. Never have I ever been more disappointed in you. Goodbye, we'll see you in three days," her words were cold and distant and she disconnected without a second thought.  I dropped my phone next to me and curled further into the covers, trying to forget the way my Mum disregarded me. It was dark outside and my room was dimly lit. Louis had left and I was all alone. 

I didn't have a choice in being here, yet I'm being shamed and guilted for it. I've disappointed my mother and god knows what my father is going to say and think. My body began to shake with fear and sadness. Tears built up in my eyes and I couldn't hold it in anymore. I didn't want to be here! Louis forced me into all of this. 

My tears stained the white duvet, and my cheeks became red with anger. I have three days to convince Louis to shape up and to help me. This is the least he can do since he brought me here. I let the darkness settle in and my tears flow freely. I don't know how long I sat, just sulking, until Louis creeped into our room.

I felt him crawl under the covers and lay me on his chest. I was still crying, not full on sobbing like before, but the tears had not stopped. I tried to hide my face so he wouldn't notice, but only in vain.

"Babe, what's wrong? What happened?" He spoke so softly and sweetly, I almost forgot he's the one who got me into this mess. He stroked my hair and rubbed my back, waiting for me to respond. 

"My parents will be here in three days," my voice cracked from the crying and came out raspy. I began shaking again, not heavily, but just enough for him to notice.