Chapter 1

Gotham City
The most stinking dumped of a city there will ever be. Where countless nights of robbery and assaults. The city that never sleeps. Well that isn't if your batman, always trying to protect people from harm even though we both know that's impossible.

Lana Hanks was sitting on her desk tapping her pen loudly, bored out of her mind. She was currently in psychology class. Professor Crane was giving a lecture on fear. He seem to have an obsession with fear itself. Whenever discussing it, his eyes would light up like Christmas lights. Whenever a student would mention fear he would have long conversations with them about it.

But for Lana, Professor Crane was a strange creature. There was something about him that annoyed her. Maybe because of how cruel he was to the class. Everyday seem like something crawled up his ass and died. Lana was daydreaming like always. It wasn't the class that didn't interest her, she simply couldn't bring herself to focus. As you can see Lana has insomnia. She got it back in 7th grade. She was always having sleepless nights. Even the sleeping pills can make her sleep much.

The bell rang, everyone left as quickly as possible to avoid Professor Crane. Lana was barely packing her stuff. Professor Crane came over and said,

"Lana glad you stayed behind so we can have a chat about your countless daydreaming in my class,"his voice strangely calm like always.

"Uh...well-,"she said

"Now now don't need anymore pointless excuses do we Lana,"

Flustered, Lana manage to say,"sorry Professor I don't mean to daydream I just can't seem to focus really am sorry about it."

"I suggest you get this problem fixed before I fail you in this semester,"he said

"Yes sir I'll do my best,"she said

He stiffened at hearing her say "sir".
"Well your dismissed,"he said.

Shuffling out the door she disappeared out of site.

Professor Crane always wondered why Lana never focused in his class. He wonder what her expression would be like when he released his fear toxin on her. That beautiful face of hers with signs of fear. Oh that made him shiver in delight. Just imagining her frighten to the core. All he had to do is earn her trust and soon to fall into his trap.