Chapter 6

Professor Crane

I lay awake in the early hours of the morning. Sunrise rising by each ticking second. Turning my head, I see Lana still out cold. Hearing the faint sounds of her calm breathing. She was truly a remarkable beauty, the way how soft her skin felt at the touch of my fingertips. There can't be no other way to get close to her even if I wanted too. I was only planning to use her as a test subject, instead I have a growing attraction that hurts.

The thoughts that run through my mind when I see her in my lectures are endless. You see I have a persona to maintain, better known as Scarecrow. We both fight each other over our perspective on her. He sees her as merely a test subject, but I see her as something more then that. My weak side of me loving someone cannot be seen, that is a secret between me and Scarecrow. Watching her sleeping was a gift. She looked so vulnerable, so easy to attack right on the spot, defenseless. Staring, her eyes flutter open, scanning every inch of her surroundings. Abruptly, she stands up quickly stumbling on the counter. Immediately I hold her just to have her frantically kicking and hitting me.

" Get away from me right this moment!"she yelled at me.

But no can do. Seeing she wouldn't give up, I forced her on the chair strapping her arms and legs. Pulling out my notebook, I take out a syringe and inject her with a relaxing drug. 

"Okay we can do this the easy way or the hard way, the choice is yours."

After a brief moment of silence, I proceeded on questioning her.

"So when you were under the influence of fear toxin there was an unexpected thing that came up. You see after some time studying your actions in my class, I came to a conclusion you were sleep deprived. All your actions added up but I certainly didn't think you out of all people could have sedatephobia. There was never a slightly chance of you showing it. So tell me, how is it you don't show any discomfort in class?"I said.

Refusing to talk, I bend down to meet her eye to eye level. Smirking, I pulled her head back by the hair.

" If you value your life then you better start talking" I said menacing.

Wet tears start pouring down her face, those bright shining eyes, fear written all over her face. The uncontrollable shaking that rumpled throughout her body sending electric shocks all over mine too. So close to her face I could feel the rapid heartbeat along with her breathing. Oh what a marvellous sight she was indeed. If only I could have approached her in a timely matter.

"Don't be a fool she's your test subjects"Scarecrow voice echoed in my head.

"Be quiet can't you see I'm a bit busy trying to question her right this moment!"I snapped back.

"Didn't seem like that to me in fact I swore I could have heard you thinking of her in a strange matter."He said"

"Just keep out of the way when I'm busy!"I yelled.

After my argument, Lana was silently looking at me with curious eyes. Even my hand was out of her hair instead it was holding her hand. 

"I never showed any signs because I had earphones on. Your class is one of the few I felt comfortable in. Sometimes I have discomfort but over the years I have gotten better at hiding it."She said quietly.

"That is a very peculiar thing to say. Did anyone help you with it?"I asked.

"No, whenever I mentioned it they would all think it was me causing it. But in reality no matter what I did I couldn't control it. I was too afraid of getting help from all people telling me I'm crazy to get over it. I deserve what I got. There were others who struggled around me yet I let my vision of not being weak get in the way. In result of that I am paying the price for my careless words."she said.

I was taken aback by how fluently she open up to me. I took in her words carefully scribbling away in my notebook. I thought maybe I could make her confront her fear with the newly made fear toxin. I'll add a few more extra ingredients to make it more vivid.

"About that deal, lets expand it a bit more shall we?"

Looking warily at me she said,"what is it going to be this time?"

"How about in return I help you confront your fear? Think about it you'll be free of fear no more sleepless nights or anything. So what do you say?"

Thinking about after a few minutes her eyes snapped at me determination written all over them

" Alright I accept your proposal but how do I know if I can trust you?"she said.

"I'll stop injecting you if you follow my rules"

Taking a deep breathe she said,"Fine when do we start?"

"Soon very soon,"I said

Ok so who's ready to see upcoming Gotham villans. Anybody? Because I am so ready for the love triangle I'm planning. I just need to get creative and expand my imagination and all that. Until next time peeps.....