To Justify

Naito's lawyer walked to the front of the courtroom, "ladies and gentlemen, all this talk about child molestation starting from age seven? Is there any evidence of these time periods?"

Masuda stood up, "objection, Your Honor. Expert witness Hase Asao-sensei stated that the area of penetration had scar tissue built over years of abuse."

"Sustained," she laced her fingers together and waited for the angered attorney to continue.

"As the son of Satan, we cannot dismiss the possibility that Okumura Rin is doing his father's work by ridding the world of religion-"

"Objection-

"Overruled."

I swallowed hard, my heart hammering in my chest. Are they really going to play this card against me? I suppose I should've expected this, they needed every card they could use.

"As I was saying, Fujimoto Shiro-sama's death was ruled as a homicide, then re-logged as a suicide after his funeral. However, Okumura Rin was there when his father died. Shouldn't the boy have known exactly what happened, leading to no confusion? Does that not raise any suspicions?"

"Your Honor; Lack of Foundation!" Masuda was trying everything he could to shut down this theory. However, the judge seemed intrigued by it, which horrified me.

"I'll allow it."

My eyes were wide and my breathing was hitched. They thought I murdered my Dad for the wellbeing of Satan? I felt vomit rise in my throat and I clamped a hand over my mouth and shoved my chair back, ready to dart over to a trash can. I squeezed my eyes shut as a buzz erupted in the room, my behavior catching everyone's attention.

"Are you alright?" Masuda spoke softly next to me and I nodded, dropping my hand and taking a deep breath.

"Order in the Court!" The judged slammed her gavel, causing the chatter in the room to quiet. She motioned to Naito's attorney and he straightened himself out.

"The Defense calls Naito Ryo to the stand." My eyes widened again and I watched with terror as Naito stood up and limped to the podium. I swallowed hard and tried not to squirm in my seat. I was so caught up in my discomfort I missed half of what his attorney asked. "-have sexual interactions with Okumura Rin?"

"I did," his voice was low and caused fear to strangle my chest, but my shock outweighed everything else. He admitted it? Why did he plead not guilty, then? My stomach started to twist and I had a feeling things were about to get dirty.

"Why?"

His eyes glanced over at the jury, "he made me do it."

What?!

"Under what circumstances could he; a child, have made an adult submit?"

Naito sighed, remorse in his eyes. "He has burned me on more than one occasion. The child is far stronger than any man I know, he threatened to kill me if I didn't do as he wished." The more he spoke, the less I understood. He was pinning everything on me?

"And what did he wish?"

"He'd told me that he was homosexual, but that it was hard for him to get a boyfriend with his... lifestyle. As any man of God, I tried to put him on the right path. However, he got angry with me and lashed out, that was the first assault."

While Naito spoke, a low growl seemed to grow louder behind me. With wide eyes, I gave a backward glance at my friends, only to see a livid Yukio. I saw his eyes flash and teal orbs contorted into the eyes of a man willing to kill. Shiemi and Bon had him held back, both of them whispering to him, demanding that he not cause a fuss.