how do I say this?

Reys P.O.V.

The ball was tonight. Leia had forced me to go to this horrid thing, forced me to wear a dress, forced me to mingle, and the worst of all forced me to seduce her son into joining the light again, because apparently someone told her he would be her at a reservation only resistance masquerad ball.

Crazy right that's exactly what I said. Who in their right mind would invite him to this kind of thing and of course the only culperate of that would be Leia herself.
I'm starting off a little fast let me go back a few hours and tell my tale of woe correctly.

This morning the general called me to her office to discuss a few things and Like always that discussion led to ben.

"So rey"

I raised my head in confusion "tonight is our resistance ball remember that one?"

I nodded of course I remembered I've been dreading it for weeks.

"Well any ways I know that you have been reluctant to go claiming this isn't your thing or whatever, but my dear I have put all those thoughts aside and decided it's for the best you go"

My eyes widened in shock and I started sputtering out nonsense

"oh Leia i um I can't I have things urm I don't have a dress" I whispered sheepishly.

She smiled ear to ear. "Oh don't worry dear I have that all taken care of, i cleared your schedule for the rest of the evening and I set up a dress for you to wear tonight, isn't it wonderful dear"

I rolled my eyes, knowing she wouldn't let me out of this now, I put on a fake smile

" just peachy, thank you so much Leia" I remarked sarcastically.

She pulled my ear close to her, her hold on tight while I was wincing in pain.

" don't you get sassy with me young lady, you go put that dress on and look pretty for my Benny tonight" she let go of my ear and gave me a sincere smile.
Oh great a dress... wait did she say ben was coming, and I had to look good for him this must be a joke i shuddered out of disgust, I can't believe she would do this to me. I turned around to tell her off but she already shoved me out the door shooing me off.

I stormed off to my room only to find a long silver dress with lace sleeves that fell off the shoulders of the mannequin it was on. It was beautiful, I never could picture myself in this, if I were to come to this party I probably would have just worn my usual work clothes, but this, this is absolutely beautiful.
Unfortunately I would have to use it not to be beautiful for myself but for a out of control hormonal man child.

I slipped the dress on admiring the fabric that fell on my body perfectly it even made me look like I had curves, nice. I actually felt pretty in it i didn't want to take it off, I twirled in front of the mirror admiring every part of the dress and how it made me feel. After about ten minutes of admiring myself I pulled my hair into neat buns leaving a few strands of hair out and put on light make up.

I grabbed the mask from my dresser, silver just like my dress, with white vines draped around the shape of it, I shifted it onto my face and looked at myself one more time in the mirror, I'm doing this for you Leia, no feelings just doing my job to bring him back, that was it not so hard right?

I arrived a little late to the banquet hall, which was decorated nicer than usual. The few women there were in fancy dresses and men in formal suites danced across the floor, each wearing a mask to hide their faces. The masks were supposed to hide who you are but it was kind of impossible I knew who everyone was even just from glancing distance.