the end is only the beginning pt. 4

Kylos P.O.V.

I looked down at rey her head laying softly against my chest as we sway to an extremely slow song.

I wish this moment could last forever, but unfortunately putting saving the galaxy aside to dance with her forever is out of the question.

I just want to stay in this peaceful moment, trying to be oblivious that an attack could come at any time.

Honestly I have a feeling this might be my fault.

I let her see my sadness and my pain, I let her see all the bad and I dragged her into it.

I didn't intend for it to be this way. I wanted to forget my past and come to her and start new, but I knew it was impossible, but I always denied that.

I manipulated myself to believe it's all ok but it's not ok.

The galaxy is in trouble because of orders i executed months before I joined the light.
Orders that involve destroying the rebels and the resistance bases one by one.
And the worst part is I can feel it will happen soon, but I'm too selfish too let this moment go and protect the people I once called enemies.

I don't know how longer I can hide it but I need to tell rey or everyone will be in danger.

I looked down at her, she smiled back up at me and her eyes turned glossy from tears. She placed her hand on my cheek and her eyes frantically searched mine for an answer, why.

Why didn't you tell me sooner Ben?

I leaned into her hand and shut my eyes,

I'm so sorry.

At the moment my world crumbled I was too selfish to let any one know and now I have to protect everyone from what I started.

Troopers crashed in through Windows and barged in through doors around the hall shooting at every one.

Enough pity parties Ben you started it now you have to finish this.

I looked down at her and nodded and she nodded back.

She lifted her dress up on her leg reaching up to her thigh and pulled two blasters off her garter.
She threw one at me and ran, she ran to Leia and the children, shooting at troopers when they got too close to her.

Go Ben what are you waiting for, go !

Oh right, I threw the blaster to a defenseless resistance fighter and pulled a saber out of my coat.

I threw my coat on the floor and ran towards the crowds of troopers around rey and my mother I slashed at troopers left and right.
Blood flew every where and children were screaming in fear.

One by one a scream coming from both sides, an innocent person dying trying to protect their side from what they thought was right, screams everywhere mostly male troopers, a few resistance fighters who were too weak.

My saber was bloody and anger pushed through my veins
Yes kylo use that, languish in that anger, do what needs to be done.

Snokes familiar voice whispered through my mind " never" I hissed back.

I stabbed a trooper and yanked my saber out of his chest,
Think of your grandfather Kylo, he would be so disappointed seeing you in this weak state snoke hissed in my brain.

I swung at more troopers and tried to make my way to rey, "Ben" she whispered, it was barely audible. In that moment my whole world stopped " Rey!" I ran to her, she was on her knees a bullet wound on her side, she was trying to reach for her blaster.

Everything suddenly went in slow motion as I ran to stop the trooper from shooting her from behind.
Rey look out behind you! I yelled to her.

I came up behind behind the trooper and stabbed him in between the ribs, after that everything went so fast rey grabbed her blaster.

Her eyes barely open turned around pointed her blaster at my chest, her eyes still closed from fear.

"Rey wai-" I yelled but it was already done.

My vision started to go blurry and all I could hear was the loud thumping of my heart in my ears.

I sank down to my knees and felt small hands wrap around my torso
" oh no" she whispered her tears falling onto my face

I used all strength to place my hand on her face
" I'm so sorry" I whispered.

A tear fell on my hand, my eyes started to close as I slipped out of conscienceness
" Ben no I'm sorry, please don't leave me Ben, we need you, I need you" .

The last thing I could hear was a scream signaling the beginning of freedom and the end of me.

Alright well I cried while writing this even though it was very simple, but I killed off my sithamon roll and I'm slowly sinking into crippling depression soooo Please don't hate me, so hear me out how did you like it first off, what did you think of how I ended it. I'm sorry to say this is probably my last part to this story, maybe I'll write another separate story later on after school starts up.

Thank you all for reading this book
Please vote, comment and share.
Thanks for reading may dudes
<3 Bethany