MONSTERS

"Down girl"
I climb off Carl and look down to see him smirking up at me . I sneer back at him.
He smiles at me. I don't know why but I smile back. There was something about his smile ,it was genuine and warm.It made me feel kinda at ease. I throw a knife and it lands in the dirt merely missing his head . I do not like feeling at ease.

I walk out on to the balcony to hear silence . I walk out to see something horrific and to smell fear.He is taking the iron from Dwight , some poor kids sitting in a chair but I can't see his face . I shove my way to the front. Oh my god . It's mark . We played together as kids he was my first ever kiss. I know he's older but there wasn't a lot of choice back then . The iron pushes against his face. I hear a scream cut through marks shouts of pain. It's high and clear and painful. It's my scream. I don't think I ever did stop liking mark after all he was my first kiss but not my first love cause there ain't no such thing as love. The iron is peeled away from his face. I run up to him instinctively. He's still one of my friends in here even if he broke the rules. I'm stroking his hair and holding him. I can't begin to imagine the pain he must be in right now . He's still awake barely and whispers into my ear.

Carl POV
He whispers something in her ear. She looks glassy eyed and tearful for a minute but quickly pulls back a stony glare. They look so close and I feel a pang of .. what ?? Jealousy ?. No way this girl is a monster.
She's stroking his hair and calling the doctor over. Negan is speaking but I'm not listening I'm watching her. Negan strolls up and speaks softly to me "now time to decide what to do with you "

Connie POV
Mark. So handsome manly caring kind .
All gone.
now all I see is a scarred face.
Carl.
I saw him today.
tried to evade my eyes, tried to Unsee It.
The black consuming hole where is eye should be . 
I woke with a scream that night picturing scarred faces scary monsters and black holes where eyes should be on mysterious boys. I've never had nightmares before . As far as nightmares go it was a good one .