3 Internship

Cassie

I grabbed the opportunity to enjoy my last fleeting moments of peace. I took a deep breath and slowly, dramatically opened my eyes.

3...2...1...

"What!? You lost the autographs!?" Mel shouted, standing up from the table. Not that it made a difference. She's even smaller than me that she should stand on a chair if she wanted to get my attention.

"Technically, I lost my notebook which contains your precious treasures," I said calmly, not even budging from my seat. I don't really mind losing that notebook.

"Do you know where you left it? Maybe we can still find it," she said hopefully, pacing the small space of our shared room.

"I knew exactly where I left it," I replied remembering the exact event that led me to losing it. I wonder if that guy found my notebook. I wish he didn't. That would be more annoying.

"Then go back," she ordered. In my opinion, she's being desperate.

"I'll pass by on my way home," I said complacently. I'm not skipping classes just for that. Plus there's no security that it's still there.

I haven't told her I still have the guitarist's pick. It's probably not a good time to hold it over her nose. Afterall, timing is everything.

"Anyway, have you filed our forms for internship?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Yeah," she replied shortly. I'll bet she still isn't finished talking about the current issue. "Where did you leave it? I'll go there myself right now!"

This girl doesn't know how to give up. I sighed. "Ground floor. Near the pharmacy. Ask the guards, they probably picked it up."

Mel's naturally a slow person but for the sake of fandom she dashed out of the room like lighting. She was gone before I could tell her she's being silly again. I just don't get her at all.

Seriously, I don't even know why we're friends. She's an extrovert, I'm an ambivert. She's a fashion expert, I'm the typical shirt and jeans getup. She loves putting on make-up, I hate wearing them. She's a hardcore fangirl, I don't even know what I like.

Since I've been left alone, I decided to walk to school instead. I love walking. My mind can wander freely. I haven't gone too far when a car pulled beside me. I'm not really into cars, but this one is so posh that I just can't ignore it. It's a white convertible and I'm sure it runs fast.

"Get in," the driver said. I turned to see Noodle-hair from last night. I instantly got as far away as I can from the car. Who knows, this guy could be a lunatic.

"I have your notebook," he said, his car crawling beside me. I was tempted to look if he was telling the truth but I kept walking.

"Cassiopeia," he called and that made me stop in my tracks. How did he know my name? And how did he know where I lived? This guy is seriously creepy.

"Just get in the car," he said getting out and standing in front of me.

From this close, I can see that he isn't just tall, but also muscular. He could throw my body without breaking sweat. There's no way I'm getting inside that car.

So I did what I have to do. I stepped on his foot and ran away as fast as I can. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's running. He won't be able to run after me with that foot. Nor can he drive either. School wasn't too far away, I'll be safe there.

The world is really scary, I thought as I reached the safety of our classroom. I should get home before it's dark. Or better yet, I should ask someone to accompany me.

"Cass, are you okay?" one of my classmates asked.

"No. I almost got kidnapped," I gasped. How long has it been since I last ran? My lungs are bursting.

"I know right. You can be easily mistaken as a kid." he said.

I rolled my eyes. I've been getting that joke for as long as I can remember. The class started and I practically dozed off in it. They say a teacher can only get the attention of the students for only twenty minutes. How could I stay up for three hours?

The sun was setting when I got out of the room. I remembered noodle-hair from earlier. I should hurry home. I was about to leave when my phone rang.

"Mel, thank goodness," I breathed a sigh of relief. "Are you in school? Let's go home together."

"Yeah, stay right where you are," she sounded excited. It can't be about the notebook, noodle-hair has it. I doubt I'll be able to get it back.

A minute later, I saw Mel running towards me. She seemed to have ran a lot today. She was waving a piece of paper as she came to a stop in front of me.

"I... I..." she started, panting.

"Breathe, Mel. Breathe," I said to her. "What's all the fuss about?"

" I got the letter of acceptance today," she said, referring to our internship.

"And?" I asked. I didn't really know where she sent those letters, as long as we were working together, anywhere is fine.

"We did it!" she exclaimed happily, jumping up and down as usual.

"We're working with ONE OK ROCK!"

And with that statement, everything else had been forgotten.