Chapter 22 - Spider-Man had it easy

"You finally took control of your own destiny, and now you get to be the one writing your story."

~ X

Xander didn't mean to set off the alarm in the Rossi Corp building. It just sort of happened.

After they climbed in through the air vents Ian had directed Taylor and Xander to the wing of the company that was housing the PF-08-02. Mera and Ross were to make their way to them from the security offices. Everything was going as planned. The only problem was Ian's information.

The room where the PF-08-02 was supposed to be housed was empty.

"I . . ." Ian was staring at the room in shock. Obviously this was where the serum was being held only a couple of days ago, when Ian was still with Trevor.

"Looks like your boyfriend moved the drug, smart of him." Taylor swiveled out of the room first, leaving Ian to flinch at the words.

"He was paranoid," Ian defended, "I just didn't think he was this paranoid."

Trevor was paranoid enough to change the location of his PF-08-02 to a separate part of the building, but not enough to change the password to his security protocols. It looked like Ian wasn't the one he thought would be looking for the serum.

"Where would he have moved it?" Xander asked.

Ian shook his head. "If Trevor thought this serum, one of the last unanswered connections to his father's death, was in danger, he would've kept it close to him. It'll be up in his offices."

Translation, the serum that could make more of the Pill was right in the belly of the beast, kept right near a guy with a dissolving mental state.

Great.

Taylor poked her head back into the empty room, "Don't you think it's safe then? Wouldn't X be hesitant to steal the drug when it's hiding right next to Trevor?"

"We can't be sure," Ian argued. "We only know that it will be safe out of Rossi Corp hands. If X gets ahold of the stuff, he will be able to make crates and crates full. The entire city will be under his spell if we don't make sure that serum is secure."

So, they traveled up to Trevor's offices. Once they met up with Mera and Ross, it was quite simple to disable and disarm the guards they met along the way. Humans were no match for heroes. It was only minutes before a guard checked the security feed and noticed that something was up, so they made the most of their time and hurried to the penthouse.

They were doing perfectly fine until Xander triggered the silent alarm by accidently shoving a vase that fell to the ground and shattered. With no time to lose, the group rushed into Trevor's offices. They would have to make up a plan as they went.

Inside the office they found Lacey Carlton and Trevor, each with a band of goons supporting them. Lacey recognized Ian immediately. The heroes had all changed into their super gear, so their identities were safe.

"You here to help me out?" Lacey asked. Everyone who had just broke in noticed the expression on Trevor's face and pieced together what they had just walked in on.

Ian shook his head, "No, we're here to take a very dangerous thing Trevor has under his control. The thing someone took from your best friend."

Lacey narrowed her eyes, glancing between the group of teens behind Ian and Trevor, who's expression had gone hard at the sight of the man he once had loved.

"Well," Lacey smiled a self-assured grin, "Whatever resides in this building that isn't Trevor's personal property is all mine. And, since this serum was probably made with Rossi Corp resources in a Rossi Corp owned building, you have to hand it over. It is the property of Rossi Corp and since Rossi Corp is now owned by Carlton Laboratories, the serum is mine."