1.14 - Forbidden love

Cara's Point of View

We had to walk another lengthy area to finally reach Nathan's friend's house. Nathan had seemed extremely distant after our little swim in the lake. I knew I made a mistake by telling him how I feel about him, but I didn't think it would affect him so much.

Nathan walked up to the house's door and rung the door bell. A tall guy, with tanned skin and incredible cheek bones opened the door.

"Hey mate." He grinned as he saw Nathan and pulled him into a manly hug. Nathan responded by hugging him tightly and reflecting the happiness. I stood in a corner awkwardly not knowing what to do.

"You must be the girl." The mysterious guy said as he stepped towards me.

"Hi. I'm Siva." He put his hand out for me to shake, which I accepted nicely.

"I'm Cara." I replied.

"Cara Foster?" He asked with an eyebrow cocked up and I nodded. He looked at Nathan with a surprised expression and Nathan refused to make any eye contact with any of us.

Feeling more awkward in this situation, I was glad when Siva allowed us to go into the house.

"Anyway. Nath you are welcome to stay here as long as you like. I spoke to Nareesha last night and she is completely fine with the situation." He told Nathan.

"I will only need a day mate." He smiled showing his gratitude.

"Here's the kitchen and here's the living room." He showed us around. He then led us up the stairs to the top most floor. There was no lighting there and it looked a little scary.

"Nath, you can stay here. And Cara, you can stay here." He said pointing to two rooms. Nathan didn't say another word before he went into his allotted room and shut it close.

"He's such a complicated fellow." Siva commented and I nodded. Then I walked into my room and softly shut it close as well.

I was a little worried at Nathan's behaviour and why he was being so rude to me. It was only a little while ago when we were kissing in the middle of nowhere. And his kisses weren't just blank without any meaning. They were soft, tender, caring - Everything a girl could every wish for in a kiss.

I sighed as I laid down on my bed. My head was hurting from all the intense thinking I had been doing. I checked the time on my watch and it was quite late. I wasn't hungry and I didn't want anything to eat.

I opened up my little bag and pulled out a few clothes. I changed into them and decided to go to bed.

I turned off the lights and laid down on the bed, waiting for sleep to take over me. But I had too much on my mind.

I wanted to speak to Nathan, wanted to kiss him, wanted to have his arms around me. I had feelings for this person who has supposedly hurt me more than anyone else has. But I knew there was something about him that made him who he was. He was hard, yet soft on the inside. He was this person I felt myself falling very hard for.

My thoughts were interrupted as my door flung open. Nathan didn't even bother knocking before he barged in. How rude!

"Oh you're asleep. Don't you want to eat?"

"I didn't realise you cared." I mumbled.

"What?" He asked with a weird expression. "Anyway, I'm going to eat." He announced.

"Ok." I answered.

"Are you coming?" He asked in an annoying tone.

"No." I whispered, loud enough for him to hear.